Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had ST install a tip to tip SRT8 Exhaust. We ran it and we gained 10-15 hp and ended up at 495rwhp. With the same tune I put in 1 can of Torco to 10 gallons. We ran it and the HP jumped to 531rwhp! Adam tweeked the tune a bit and ended up with 541rwhp and 500ftpds of torque. It also has 22x10 Factory repro boat anchors on it, so I am sure we could have got it to 550rwhp easy with lighter rims.

Not bad for a stock 5.7, an out of the box KB and and an awsome tuner.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had ST install a tip to tip SRT8 Exhaust. We ran it and we gained 10-15 hp and ended up at 495rwhp. With the same tune I put in 1 can of Torrco to 10 gallons. We ran it and the HP jumped to 531rwhp! Adam tweeked the tune a bit and ended up with 541rwhp and 500ftpds of torque.

Not bad for a stock 5.7, an out of the box KB and and an awsome tuner.
Nice numbers! Is that a stock bottom end?How much boost?

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
That's insane.

I don't understand it though. My timing is "set" at a specific value. I can run Torco, race fuel, or whatever and the timing won't change. I wonder why the Torco made 46RWHP? Did Adam say why that occurred? If he tuned for it, then obviously the additional timing was the ticket, but Torco alone added 46RWHP?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's insane.

I don't understand it though. My timing is "set" at a specific value. I can run Torco, race fuel, or whatever and the timing won't change. I wonder why the Torco made 46RWHP? Did Adam say why that occurred? If he tuned for it, then obviously the additional timing was the ticket, but Torco alone added 46RWHP?
Yep, no changes at all to the tune. Maybe he will chime in. I think it has something to do with the knock sensor pulling timing out without Torrco. It definitely put 50rwhp on the street and impressed both Adam and I on a test drive.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Maybe Adam doesn't "lock" the timing. If it was pulling any timing due to KR, then yeah I can believe it. Every degree of additional timing is worth quite a bit of horse power. I've heard tuners say anywhere from 10 - 15 HP per degree.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Great numbers and good to see you kept boost in the safe zone or shall I say right on the edge... J you have heard the preaching of TORCO since April :browsmiley: the stuff will keep you on the edge... :browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Awesome results.

I think it should be noted that these additives will probably show better gains for those stuck with calis poor excuse for 91 octane fuel, as opposed to areas that can get good 93 octane.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
now go race it and post up some slips
find it hard to believe it added power without bumping the timing, octane don't make power all by it self.
wheres Adam get him to sign on and explain that please.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
now go race it and post up some slips
find it hard to believe it added power without bumping the timing, octane don't make power all by it self.
wheres Adam get him to sign on and explain that please.
That's what I thought too....however if his KR was kicking in before the Torco that would explain it.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
That's what I thought too....however if his KR was kicking in before the Torco that would explain it.
i don't think Adam would let a car leave his shop with knock

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great numbers and good to see you kept boost in the safe zone or shall I say right on the edge... J you have heard the preaching of TORCO since April :browsmiley: the stuff will keep you on the edge... :browsmiley:
Thanks. I think it is pushing it right to the edge without being forged. Adam also lifted the rev-limiter to 7k so I need to be careful there too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome results.

I think it should be noted that these additives will probably show better gains for those stuck with calis poor excuse for 91 octane fuel, as opposed to areas that can get good 93 octane.
Thanks, that was Adams exact comment, with Torrco it is like having decent gas for a change.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
i don't think Adam would let a car leave his shop with knock
Good point!

7K revlimit!!! HOLY COW. I got upgraded valve springs and only have a 6800 rev limit. The car quits making power right around 6,000 RPMs though so I don't run it up there too often. A bigger cam is needed.

Can you post up your dyno sheet? I'd like to see the power curve with the rev limit at 7K.

·
Banned
664 Posts
So if I read your initial post right you started out with 480-485 hp before the exhaust, torrco and a tweeked tune, using 8-9 pounds of boost? What was your TQ to start out?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good point!

7K revlimit!!! HOLY COW. I got upgraded valve springs and only have a 6800 rev limit. The car quits making power right around 6,000 RPMs though so I don't run it up there too often. A bigger cam is needed.

Can you post up your dyno sheet? I'd like to see the power curve with the rev limit at 7K.
I'll try to get a hold of Adam. Power was still climbing past 6K. I don't feel that comfortable spinning it to much above 6K with the stock set up, but the power was there above 6K.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I'll try to get a hold of Adam. Power was still climbing past 6K. I don't feel that comfortable spinning it to much above 6K with the stock set up, but the power was there above 6K.
Cool....I'd like to see that graph. On the stock valve train I wouldn't spin the motor past 6200. DodgeTony bent a push rod in his going above that if memory serves, but he's the only person I've heard of that happening to, so take it for what it's worth.

I saw over on LXForums Adam did a 5.7 RT Charger and it was running like 10.1 at 136 in the quarter. It had a KB on it and was putting down like 740RWHP.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts