Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question. I'm planning on buying a manual srt8 this year but I'm a shorter guy at 5'6. Is there gonna be an issue with me reaching the pedals? Thanks. S

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nah, I don't think you'll have any problems. I'm 6'1" and I have my seat as far back as possible and the steering wheel up about 3/4 of the way. There's plenty of room. The seat is very adjustable, along with the steering wheel. You'll be able to find a comfortable and safe combination. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
5'6" here with a manual srt8. No issues.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Looks like you should be OK. In case you don't know this, just be aware that the pedals aren't adjustable, unlike on the LX cars (Charger and 300). But because of its shorter wheelbase the Challenger's interior is not as cavernous as its sister cars' and the pedals are pretty close to the driver (I actually wish they would go back a little myself and I'm only 5'9").

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
. . . Is there gonna be an issue with me reaching the pedals?
Just go down to your local dealer and take one for a test drive. You'll know right away if you can get comfortable.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
^^^ And the Best Advice award goes to... :yesnod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses everyone. I know I'll obviously be testing one out first, but it'll be a few months yet and I'm impatient with the questions lol. Also there's not really much around here for car dealershipso I'll probably have to drive a ways to find the right one

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just wanted also add that reaching won't be a problem. I'm 5' 6" too, and I find this to be one of the most comfortable (and adjustable) driver seats I've sat in, and I've owned/driven 10 vehicles before my Challenger, from a Hyundai Accent to a Ford E350...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm 5-10 and wife is 5-3 and we both have no issues shifting the gears in my RT. I find the seats very adjustable and comfy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts