Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Classic 6 speed. Ive searched long and hard exhaust wise, and narrowed it down to Pypes or Solo Performance. Both have the Aggressive/Mean sound i like. To be honest i would rather have the SOLO Performance, but vacation is coming up, trying to save $$$, and the Pypes is almost 1'2 price. my question was, for the people that have the Violator system, other than the occasional hanger placement issues, are there any other problems associated w/ this system? i know the Solo system boasts VERY low or no drone at all from the videos i have watched, whats it like on the Pypes System? also, does the Violator system sound as mean in person as it does on the video??? Thanks for your help guys!!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have heard of fitment issues with the Pypes systems, and that kept me from biting on one back when I had my Charger. I never put a catback on it at all, but the Challenger sounded so wimpy, I had to do something, so I ended up going with the Solo. It fit perfectly, and sounds great.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've had the pypes violator for a couple of years. I have to adjust it now and then, it's really close when it goes by the gas tank. Follow the instructions and don't tighten anything until you get it all bolted up and can adjust.

Worst case is you have to visit a muffler shop for a $50 adjustment to make the system fit exactly right. Overall I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed a Pypes Street Pro system on my challenger. It probably took me 1 to 2 hours tops to install. It all fit well and the sound is great! Even with the street pro we have people turning their heads as we go down the street. Maybe a slight drone in 2nd gear and around the 18 to 25mph range. Overall I am very happy with the system. Next is a cold air intake. In the future I want to increase the throttle body size. Does anyone know the stock throttle body size?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I put the Pypes Race Pro system on my '09 about a year and a half and 10,000 miles ago. No fitment problems or rattles and I've never had to do an adjustment since the day I installed the system. The drone at first was kind of annoying, especially before the car was warmed up. The Pypes people said the Racepro mufflers would have the least drone with automatic. Since then, it's mellowed a bit (or I'm going deaf :eek2:).

I was expecting to get a bit of a high rpm boost out of the new exhaust but was surprised at the nice difference it made in the mid-range. That was a happy surprise!

I really like the system and have gotten compliments from both guys and gals on the sound. It's nice to be able to hear that Hemi roar now!

Bill

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
The only issues I have had is the big grin on my face due to the sound...and constatly trying to explain to people that this is infact a new car, and no its not a big block...LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts