Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I have been running my car with daul exhaust flowmaster super 40s for a while now and I finally have enough money to get my next mod. I think im going to get a new intake but I'm not sure what I want. What do you have and are you happy with it... also let me know if you wish you would have gotten something else or if you think my money would be better served elsewhere... Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
save your money and get a K&N or AirAid drop in for the stock air box

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
If you want money for horses Ray is right if you want it to look, sound and feel better I don't think you can beat the Mopar CAI with a predator tune. I think it's a must for a RT Auto

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
rick your right.
not thinking of it from the appearance aspect and some folks like a cool looking intake.
for looks and performance the AFE stage two, I think, boasts the best numbers
for looks only I think the big bully just looks mean under the hood

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want money for horses Ray is right if you want it to look, sound and feel better I don't think you can beat the Mopar CAI with a predator tune. I think it's a must for a RT Auto
thanks... however, I have an SE...

·
Registered
331 Posts
You have the 3.5 ? On the Modern Muscle link they are using AIRAID intakes on the dyno runs. The 3.5, 215 CI V6 dynos around 170-175 and with the AIRAID shows 187, a 12-17 HP gain, with the throttle body added 197, a 10 HP gain. 2.7 3.5 V6 5.7 6.1 Hemi high velocity CNC throttle body LX RAM On the 5.7, 345 CI HEMI they say " Airaid air intake - after TB looks like they compliment each other well " From Popular Hot Rodding 5.7 AIRAID test, " After a couple pulls we recorded a best corrected-run of 282 hp and 304 ft-lbs of twist. That's a gain of 33 hp and a whopping 58 ft-lbs of torque. Quite a gain from a couple hundred bucks and 15 minutes of effort." Dyno Testing the Airaid Premium Car Air Filter - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine Here is comparison of several 3.5 CAI's that show a 12 HP gain for these intakes. http://www.custommagnums.com/forums...uation-e-bay-k-n-big-bully-air-hammer-ho.html

·
Registered
607 Posts
alright so I have been running my car with daul exhaust flowmaster super 40s for a while now and I finally have enough money to get my next mod. I think im going to get a new intake but I'm not sure what I want. What do you have and are you happy with it... also let me know if you wish you would have gotten something else or if you think my money would be better served elsewhere... Thanks for the help!
Do you have an '11 SE? I want to get a CAI as well, but havent found anything that says it works for the '11, only goes up to '10

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Anything for the '11s speedlogix?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts