Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 Classic RT 6 speed 3:92 gears. I'm coming from an 06 300 SRT8, so I have a few parts to reuse. From reading the forum, it appears the 6 speed exhaust is decent, if anything the stock manifolds are the weak link.
My thoughts are:
AFE II Cold Air kit ( only this and air hammer were proved to add HP over SRT8 factory box).
Diablo Predator 91 or 93 CAI tune (when available)
Under drive pulley set
JBA or SRT8 shorties

HP gains ( Crank not Rear wheel )
CAI=3, Pulleys 4, headers 12, Diablo 8, total 27 HP.
Is this realistic? Am I missing anything? Best place to get pulleys?
Would a catback be worthwhile given the cost ( ROI )? I'm thinking it might be 5 HP at best, thoughts?

Considered a TB upgrade but I don't see any benefit with the above mods.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I think 27 HP is a bit conservative, but what you are really looking for is torque gains over the usable RPM range. HP is just a mathematical expression of torque, so what you will get from these mods is a bunch more torque in the 2000-4500 band.

What ultimately matters is how much more 'area under the torque curve' your mods add. Look at the 6.1 vs. the 6.4 torque curves. Sure, peak torque and peak HP have increased by 45. But the real story is midrange torque at 2500-3500 RPM is up about 90 lb-ft. The 6.4 makes as much torque at 2900 RPM as the 6.1 does at 4800 RPM.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.