Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been looking for this thread. Any of you 392 guys going low 11's with the stock longblock and NO power adder??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,883 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's true. Procharger claims that their P1SC-1 wont hurt your engine with just 7lbs of boost. Thats a false claim. Of coarse theyre going to tell people that to make money. They dont care if you blow a piston,rod whatever. I have a 2017 392 ta with only 4000 miles on it. had the car sine august 2107. Put a P1SC-1 procharger on and ran good up until last week i started noticing car backfiring and bogging when i give it gas. Pulled plugs and every plug on the right side of engine had the side electrode crushed into the center electrode. Other words the plugs had no gap what so ever. the pistons in the 6.4 gen 3 are not that strong. In fact they suck. so I did a compression check on all cylinders and each reading was close to 210 PSI. Now Cylinder#2 is the first piston on right side had barely 30 psi! So im about to take off head to see whats going on but if anybody tells you dont worry about getting forged pistons and that 5,6,7 lbs boost isnt enough to do any damage to your internals,they're full of shit. I Barely even WOT my car. Babied the crap out of it. I have a Diablo I2 tuner with a procharger tune, cooler plugs and thermostat,larger fuel pump and injectors. I always run 93 gas. I just purchased a set of forged drop in piston and rods. If your thinking about adding any king of boost make sure you upgrade your internals.

My pro charged car blew up on 7psi... quick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think BMason posted some NA numbers with suspension mods and tires that were pretty good. May have cammed it as well, but don’t remember for sure.

I have preached, and will continue to preach, that if you’re not going over 8 lbs on race gas (97 octane is fine), 6.5 on street, and you add a METH/WATER INJECTION, you will not blow up your motor- at least that’s been my experience with the “overpriced, inefficient, high IAT” Kenne Bell 2.8.

Don’t believe everything you read or hear. Heat will still kill a motor, even NA. Boost can make more of it, but it turns out that problem was solved years ago several times over by multiple people that will compete with each other for your business.

If another 5k in parts and labor to get the motor pulled apart, put back together, parts replaced, and re-tuned isn’t in the cards... add octane, and watch your coolant and oil temps.

Don’t let people scare you off going in whatever direction you choose. Adding a blower without doing the internals is not “half-way” if you never plan on going over 600whp. After that, everything comes into play. If you want to play there, trade up for a Redeye and don’t look back.
The next jump after that is going to start tracking north of 50k all in.

Best of luck,

Chuck

·
Registered
54 Posts
I myself am leaning toward drop in pistons with a whipple or magnuson blower on my Ram 1500 5.7 2019. It is the best value for power I can find. Reliable 600-700rwhp is good enough for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Realistic HP numbers from a 392 (6.4) to 426 or 440 stroker upgrade & other questions

I have been tossing around the idea of upgrading my 2015 392 to a 426 or 440.

With research I have found that staying with the 392 or going up to the 426 is better if i plan on going up to a supercharger than a 440 because of angles and stuff.

So, my question is.. if I just upgraded to a 426 stroker or 440 and keep it NA what are the realistic HP levels I can reach?

If those numbers aren't enough (lol) and I then plan on supercharging it... would you guys recommend staying with the 392 or going up to the 426? I'm wondering if I supercharge it, will the added cost of the stoker kit be really be money better spent elsewhere.

Also, im looking to put about $10,000 into this, is my wishes out of my budget? maybe a little more for labor and if its worthwhile. I wont go overboard to get that last 25-40 hp but an extra 100-120 could sway me.

Thanks for any help you can give.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts