Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, go easy on me here as this is my very first post on here. I, however, have owned an Avenger then a Charger and just within the past two months, upgraded to a 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T, with the manual 6 speed. I have already added the Diablo Sport Intune 2 93 octane canned tune, as well as a K&N 57 series fipk intake, and then did a Blastin Bobs resonator delete with just straight pipes and no glass packs. I hope I'm off to a decent start here. Just wanted to know what kind of realistic horsepower and torque gains I'll likely get from each and all together. I know it's impractical to just add estimated amounts for each mod. I wish it did work that way though, haha. Any guidance here would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,862 Posts
HI and welcome to the CT forum.

Only way you will see noticeable gains with exhaust mods is if you upgrade the exhaust manifolds to shorties or long tube headers and modify the tune appropriately. However, getting the car dyno tuned can help wake up the car. But if you are looking for +30HP gains it will require more than cat-back exhaust and CAI to do so. BTW when you get a chance post up some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah no problem I'll get some up of it soon for sure, its my new baby I've always wanted one, been doing a lot of overtime just to save up for it! Thanks for the quick reply as well, Ill look into some good headers and a dyno tune to go with it. So what your saying is though all I've done to it so far, even the Diablo tune, really hasn't done a thing? As you say, when I drove it after, the car did feel more awake and more torquey, but if I was to actually get on a dyno the before and after would be about the exact same? I was hoping for at least an extra 15-25 ponies But I guess that is a bit optimistic with basic mods for just a few hundred bucks right?

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,375 Posts
Maybe part of the problem is expectation. Once upon a time, "uncorking the engine" a little produced some sizable gains. But performance cars like the Challenger run pretty efficiently right from the factory these days. Years ago, a CAI, a Cat-back exhaust mod, and some tuning provided the kind of numbers (and sometimes more) you mentioned above. That's bad in that the lighter mods don't produce the big numbers they once did. But maybe that's good because we're getting better power and greater efficiency right from the factory these days... without any mods.

Good luck with your mods. And welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Garyahouse, a little disappointing but that's a good outlook to have on it. I'll keep researching to see what works best for these modern cars now. Appreciate the help though, glad to be on the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts