Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to insight:

Current..Staged For Shipment06/24/2011 10:57 AM EDTBrampton Assembly, ON

Future..Vehicle Delivered to Dealer06/27/2011 08:00 AM EDT

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Won't be long now and you will be enjoying your new ride.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Things to remember after you get it:

No matter where you park, someone will park right next to you.

Don't be surprised if someone refers to it as a Camaro.

When ever possible, refrain from using the word Chally, it drives some people nuts (me too).

And yes, you will get asked if it's got a Hemi.

:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UpdateCurrent..
Hold Released07/02/2011 08:17 AM EDTN/A

Future..
Shuttled to Facility 07/06/2011 11:17 PM EDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH..
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 07/15/2011 06:19 PM EDT Wickstrom Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Barrington, IL

Dealer delivery keeps getting pushed back. This is really a bummer. The original date was June 20th. This is really disappointing. If Dodge ad any idea that the car would be arriving a month after the initial delivery date, they should have just moved the date out to a realistic date, instead of adding a couple days- every couple of days. I almost feel as though I've been mislead and the experience has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. If I, in my business, told someone I would complete a project by one date and then came in a full month later- I'd be out of business.

Another thing? How does it take 9 days for a car to move from Toledo to a suburb of Chicago?

Sorry to be a pickle, but this car was something my wife and I were looking very forward to enjoying a bit before She has major surgery on July 19th. If I had been given any idea that the car would arrive this much overdue, I wouldn't have bought this car- and still might not if it arrives on or after the 19th.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'll say something a lot of us "old timers" (ha!) here are thinking, and learned waaaay back when we FINALLY got our rides... Insight is nothing more than an educated guesstimate.

If I remember correctly, my delivery date ended up 6 weeks later than the first estimated "delivered to dealer" date. From reading others experiences throughout the months, that's definitely nothing to complain about. Ask some of the Green With Envy guys how long it took to get their rides - and upon just glancing at the thread, it appears some are still waiting. If you get it within 3 months of your order date - you should consider yourself pretty lucky.

So, chill out. Quit looking at Insight every two hours and it will come. We all know Dodge logistics are screwed up five ways from Saturday, and yes - it's frustrating, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when the patience pays off. I know I was (& continue to be daily). It would be a shame if you canceled when you were this close. I'd even go as far to say that Insight (from KZ status to delivery) is something of a rite of passage for Challenger owners. The last hurdle if you will. The final test of faith. Most of us here have been there, and none of us rang that bell. ;)

But, hey, if you can't wait, it's cool, I drove by a Chevy dealer the other day, and they had at least four of every possible Camaro color/stripe/option combination one could possibly dream of sitting on the lot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
What was your order date moparnoob?

My Rallye was ordered May 11 and was built June 1.

It's been sitting at 'Pending Inspection (I)' ever since which seems weird to me.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
what it says means nothing until its on a train or truck....it can be pushed back for weeks

even when it hits a train it can still take weeks.....mine took 2 weeks on the train, 4 days sitting waiting to be driven to the dealership

it also sat for months in Brampton

you could have 4 more weeks....Dodge's shipping sucks....they have a major issue there and dont seem to want to fix it...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just received a call notifying me that the car has rolled off the truck and looks great. I'll have pictures tomorrow. I havn't been this excited in years.:)

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Congrats Bro! You will love it!!! Check the chin spoiler and make sure there is no damage to it on and under the damn. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
We definitely need pics. I believe you are the first black clear coat order I know of here.

It would be cool to have some good close sunlit shots to compare to the black pearl finish.

My order got movement and is expected next week.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
We definitely need pics. I believe you are the first black clear coat order I know of here.

It would be cool to have some good close sunlit shots to compare to the black pearl finish.

My order got movement and is expected next week.

I believe I'm the second then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're going to Love it Rob. Thanks all for the compliments. I'm sorry for the tardy reply. storms rolled through here Monday AM and we got our power back about 2 hrs ago. 104 hours without power- at least we had water.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I think I'ld rather be without water. I can use bottled water but no A/C in July for 4 days wouldn't work. Not to mention no Challenger Talk. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.