Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title said, Had the oil changed yesterday at the local Dodge dealership, and that same afternoon, I get a check engine light. Haven't run the code yet, but the oil change comes with the complimentary 37,000 point check as well. I don't believe in coincidences.

On a side note, since I'm going out of warranty Jan. 3rd, I checked my rocker panels again. Sure enough, the passenger side is nearly split all the way right in front of the rear wheel. Always amusing to listen to the service advisors act like it's something really rare-- -

Anyhow, maybe the car is trying to tell me something. I think if I do keep it, I'll definitely have to buy an extended warranty, but they don't cover any plastic parts (wonder why).

Anyhow, end of rant.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Assume you check the oil level?

On the rocker panel split, is that because they lifted it along that seam?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assume you check the oil level?

On the rocker panel split, is that because they lifted it along that seam?
Pulled the code today, it's the PO456 evaporative emissions leak. I understand most of the time that's the gas cap. I don't know- -checked the cap and it's fine.

I've only had the car jacked for oil changes and one tire rotation; all at the dealer. Something told me though to check the rockers since this will be my last oil change before it goes out of warranty. So, I found the crack before I went this time, and it was a bad one; much worse than the hairline crack I had on the drivers side when I bought the car.

I've got a reader, and part of me says to clear and see if it comes back. The way these dealers act though, unless it's stored somewhere I doubt they will believe me.

Just a little concerning that I've never had a code before, and here I am with 2 months warranty left and I get my first one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess you can have them check it out, if they clear it and it comes back you could try to show them the receipts and site the issue started before the warranty expired and they failed to properly fix it during the initial visit.

/Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts