Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice how much slop we have in the inner CV joints on the axles mine has a ton of slop backlash or whatever you want to call it

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Anyone notice how much slop we have in the inner CV joints on the axles mine has a ton of slop backlash or whatever you want to call it

You may want to think about replacing Axles. Slip is never a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Absent any signs of any excessive clearance from the CV joints the slop you refer to could be just play due to normal clearances. All bearings need some clearance, and the CV joints/bearings are no different.

Also, if you are checking this with the car in the air and the suspension/drive train unloaded you'll find a lot more play than when the car is resting on its tires and the suspension is loaded.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absent any signs of any excessive clearance from the CV joints the slop you refer to could be just play due to normal clearances. All bearings need some clearance, and the CV joints/bearings are no different.

Also, if you are checking this with the car in the air and the suspension/drive train unloaded you'll find a lot more play than when the car is resting on its tires and the suspension is loaded.
Yea it was in the air. Seemed a little excessive but maybe not. No abnormal side to side movement and both sides are the same. Just curious if anyone else sees this. It's a 2016 Shaker 5.7 6m 20k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts