Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing one rear wheel bearing on my '14, and can't seem to find the rear axle nut from any source but Mopar (P/N 6504007).

I'm assuming this isn't the same nut as is used on the front, but can find listings for the front nut everywhere, and none for the rear. Hate to make a trip to a dealer if I don't need to. What has everyone else done?

Thanks,

JD

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,754 Posts
Rockauto shows 2 other non-mopar replacement P/Ns. Not sure if this helps?

Dorman gives the nut specs.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I ordered my bearing from Rockauto, and saw the same listing for nuts. It described them as "spindle" nuts, so I was worried that they are for the front only. I need to pop off a wheel and see if I can see enough of the thread to determine if this is right. Otherwise, it's a trip to the stealership.

Thanks!

JD

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
577 Posts
Dorman is great and all, but they're not necessarily exact OEM reproductions and more engineering goes into driveline parts than you would think.

My $0.02, driveline parts like that should be OEM only.

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
671 Posts
I agree with Hellraisin. There are some parts that are safety critical that should be replaced only with OE equivalent or better. I have seen too many bargain parts used in suspension repairs that did not last as long as the OE equivalent parts would have. Also, any failure in a suspension component can lead to a major accident. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts