Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have Dodge Challenger Srt 392 (2016), 3000 miles on the car so far.

Ive been hearing clunk coming from the rear of the car when pressing the acceleration pedal,so i went to the mechanic and he stated that the differential or subframe bushings are not good and need replacement.

I attached pictures so you can see what part exactly is the problem.

So guys please help me find a solution, do you think i should buy oem parts or there is a better aftermarket solution ?

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Only 3000 miles and bad already? Wow! Have you checked to see if this is covered under your warranty? Not sure if they consider that a wear part or not but I don't think so and would think it'd be covered so might try.
If not first off be prepared for a big bill. Those of us who have checked, including myself, have found it runs about $1,000 to replace those. Depending on what you want to do with the car and whether you mind a little harsher ride I'd go with poly bushings instead of OEM. They hold up better and will help to get rid of any wheel hop.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant rely on warranty because i am from Europe and i dont have any Dodge dealers near me.

Can you suggest brand other than OEM? I tried searching google but i cant find anything related to these bushings.... Maybe hop not kit?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I cant rely on warranty because i am from Europe and i dont have any Dodge dealers near me.

Can you suggest brand other than OEM? I tried searching google but i cant find anything related to these bushings.... Maybe hop not kit?
No hop not kit doesn't replace bushings it only puts metal between them and the frame. I got Energy Suspension bushings for mine but have yet to put them in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you give me link of those bushings?

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Find another mechanic.
I can’t see where the bushings are bad in your picture.
At what speed do you hear the clunking noise?
Is your car auto or manual?
Give us more detail about the issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car is Auto.

The problem occurs when i am driving and let the acceleration pedal off, then when i put my foot on again it makes loud clunk.

The mechanic is okay, i was there also and i could see the big play in the bushings that hold the differential.

I plan to buy whiteline bushings kit, i think it should solve the problem. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I’d just say that make sure all the other components are checked before you spend that kind of money.
Just curious did you do a lot burnouts?
At what speed does this clunking occur?
If indeed it’s the bushings, yes the whiteline stuff is top notch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I havent done single burnout with this car... Maybe the guy who drove my car from Germany to Macedonia did but who knows...

The clunking can occur in almost any gear, at speed of lets say 40 kmh to 80 kmh.

Ive already ordered the whiteline kit...

I am thinking also to order hop not total kit.... any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You said you saw play in the bushings that hold the differential. ...did you mean those actual bushings or the cradle bushings? And no the hop not kit will not do you any additional good if you're switching to poly for the cradle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i saw play in the differential bushings. And i cant seem to find oem replacement also...it seems that they are coming together as a kit with the differential assembly....
Is there any aftermarket replacement for these?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yea i saw play in the differential bushings. And i cant seem to find oem replacement also...it seems that they are coming together as a kit with the differential assembly....
Is there any aftermarket replacement for these?
Yes there are, it may take me a bit to find them but I'll post when I do. So are you going to replace both the cradle and the diff bushings then?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes both cradle and diff bushings

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yea i just noticed that too. Sorry Check with the company as sometimes they don't update their model year but the same parts will fit. I'd say that may not be the case here because there was a diff change but an email to whiteline or energy suspension may tell.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone check and confirm that these are the proper differential bushings for Challenger Srt 392 (2016)

68242689AA
68199993AB
68242693AA

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,508 Posts
Can anyone check and confirm that these are the proper differential bushings for Challenger Srt 392 (2016)

68242689AA
68199993AB
68242693AA
According to moparpartscorp the 1st part number does not fit.
1.JPG

The other 2 checkout ok. Usually I place my VIN in the website and every part I have ordered through that site was correct for all my Dodge/Jeep vehicles.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I've got an email in to both Whiteline and Energy Suspension asking if they make them for our model year. I need to know also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts