Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective this month, all new cars sold in the US must be equipped with a rear view camera and screen that activates when the vehicle is placed in reverse gear.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
True and to be ahead of the game, FCA made the camera and spoiler standard across the board on all 2018 cars when they started production last summer.

No more stripped SXT look without the rear spoiler, they all have them now. R/T spoiler delete ended after 2014.

We're on a fast pace to more government regulations, I'm sure the forward collision warning that automatically applies the brakes is on the list of required options in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
True and to be ahead of the game, FCA made the camera and spoiler standard across the board on all 2018 cars when they started production last summer.

No more stripped SXT look without the rear spoiler, they all have them now. R/T spoiler delete ended after 2014.

We're on a fast pace to more government regulations, I'm sure the forward collision warning that automatically applies the brakes is on the list of required options in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I sure hope the nanny systems aren't forced. I don't mind rear cameras, they only improve your spatial awareness.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
And that's why I believe in the future (hopefully long after I'm gone) the government safety Nazis will NOT let us operate our own motor vehicles anymore!
We as humans are just too dangerous and cause way too many traffic deaths on the roads!!!
It's gonna happen unfortunately..........unless you vote Republican. >:)

·
Registered
743 Posts
As a person that has been rear ended 6 times in my life, I'm looking forward to it. Not trying to troll, but I'm not sure my neck can take one more hit. And I consider myself very lucky so far. This technology can not come soon enough consider how close today's drivers are tailgating and the anger on the roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts