Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as you all know I just finished installing a second 12 inch alpine subwoofer in my trunk. so now I have a new issue. my rear dash pad rattles like crazy. I thought I blew a speaker it was rattling so much. I guess this is a common issue in the challenger. I found a you tube vid of someone with the issue so i will be pulling the rear dash pad and adding some extra foam to make it go away. also have some dynamat maybe I will throw some of that on the metal back there as well. here is a link to the vid I found as well

Car Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Circuit component Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,795 Posts
FWIW there was actually a TSB for 2015-2017 challengers regarding rear deck shelf rattle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW there was actually a TSB for 2015-2017 challengers regarding rear deck shelf rattle.
mines a 2018 just upgraded bass

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,795 Posts
So a cheap bic pen dropped down in the center vent on my liberty. You can hear it rattling in the HVAC box and only way to get at it is to pull the dash, remove the heater core hose, evacuate the AC lines, and remove/open the HVAC box. I have learned to live with the rattle for the past 7 years.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
508 Posts
I am not saying I have ever been that dumb, but I might have been freaking out for a while about a clunking noise when I hit the brakes in my brand new truck years ago that just turned out to be a chunk of ice sliding forward in the bed... was pretty close to going to the dealer to complain too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts