Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
So.....how many dead American hookers will fit in the trunk of a Charger? How many Thailand she-males? How many Geisha girls? :unsure:
the exact same number that will fit in the trunk of a Challenger, of course.馃槡

which is at least double what can fit in the trunk of a camaro or mustang BTW 馃

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #23
Because of modifying car electricals, that voids warranty right?
Warranty coverage isn鈥檛 a single entity that lives or dies based upon the presence of the original equipment.

The warranty is a promise to repair or replace factory hardware if it malfunctions within the warranty period. If a part goes bad, and it is determined the part needs to be repaired or replaced, you can make a warranty claim to have it done for free. It is up to the warranty provider to accept or deny that claim.

If you make a claim and that claim is denied because it is determined you caused the part to fail or otherwise contributed to the malfunction or failure, that part or system will no longer have warranty coverage (or all claims associated with it will be denied at the very least), but the rest of the car still maintains coverage by the warranty originally promised.

For example, let鈥檚 say you cut off the resonators and replace the dual mufflers with an aftermarket Flowmaster muffler. Then the engine鈥檚 cylinder head goes bad and needs replacement. The exhaust mods will not be viewed as contributing to the cylinder head failure (at least it shouldn鈥檛 be), so you鈥檇 get the new head for free.

Now let鈥檚 say you replace the speakers with some fancy Kenwood components and then the head unit goes out. This one could be tricky since it is possible, though not probable, that you could break the head unit with aftermarket speakers (too low impedance pushing head unit amp too hard). So they would investigate why the head unit went bad, and if they determine the speakers were at fault, you would have to pay for the new h/u.

But if you did your homework and bought the correct replacement speakers, their investigation should not implicate the new speakers, and you should get the new h/u for free under warranty.

Let鈥檚 say they deny that stereo claim but then later on your dash EVIC goes out. You should get a free one there since there is no way the speakers could cause the dash EVIC to fail.

In a nutshell, your modifications must be determined to be at fault before a warranty claim can be denied. But a denied claim does not affect coverage for other parts unless the culprit is found to cause a those parts鈥 failure too.

Clear as mud?

Registered
You can easily add a full sound system nowadays without altering a single factory wire or connection, so "no", adding a sound system will NOT void your warranty!! I've installed OEM-integration hardware, all new speakers, an under-seat powered subwoofer, a 6-channel amp and a Helix DSP to my 2018 Challenger and haven't modified any factory wire or connection. If I were to remove everything, the car would back to 100% stock without any signs that I had a sound system installed. You are basically "adding to" instead of "modifying" factory "stuff".

They will NOT void your warranty for an aftermarket sound system. Honestly, I've never even heard of such a thing. Maybe, in some rare circumstance, they could deny warranty coverage to your battery or even your alternator due to the extra workload put on those devices because of the audio equipment, but even that seems a little "far fetched" and is not something that I've heard of.

Don't deny yourself - install a kick-ass audio system - it's worth it!! :)

Registered
Because of modifying car electricals, that voids warranty right?
What Nuke said. If installed correctly I don鈥檛 see what you have to worry about, it鈥檚 just a stereo, not a SC.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts