Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys a couple of weekends ago I saw a 2014 RT in orange, lowered just like mine, with wickerbill spoiler and Hellcat wheels, what really grabbed my attention is the rear diffuser, I've searched online for some rear diffusers but didn't really see much and didn't come up to my expectations, so can someone show me some rear diffusers that I can fit on my SXT 2014?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone now where i can see a good rear diffuser?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what im talking about....absolutely in love with this design, not too aggressive and not too simple, just in the middle, perfecto!
Will be ordering this soon, they make them for 2009-2018 models, SRT and Non-SRTs too.

Manufactured from 1/8" Mill Finished Brushed Aluminum.

Bolt together design for added stability and finishing options.

Stainless Steel Hardware Included – Also included are the correct spacers needed to make the diffuser sit flat, and not harm your sheet metal or diffuser from tightening to close gaps left by some competitors.

With minimal prep work it is suitable for customer painting, powder coating or even polishing. You can even have it wrapped to match the look you want for your car.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
this is available from ikon.i bought one for 99$ from their website just to see if i liked quality.its not bad and is a direct swap although i have not installed yet.finish isn't quite like the factory finish so I'm not sure how i will do the paint .would probably be best to go body color.to me it looks like a part that mopar should be designing into the car already.

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is available from ikon.i bought one for 99$ from their website just to see if i liked quality.its not bad and is a direct swap although i have not installed yet.finish isn't quite like the factory finish so I'm not sure how i will do the paint .would probably be best to go body color.to me it looks like a part that mopar should be designing into the car already.
Not my style, its a bit too simple, I prefer the one i posted up, proudly made in the states too. Ikon is a chinese brand.

·
Super Moderator
14,048 Posts
Their price is now $115.99.

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Rear+diffuser+Dodge+Challenger

·
Registered
64 Posts
The first is from 3gcustomz the second in from ZL1 addons and the third is from bjsgarage. These are the ones im looking at. Not to cheap looking and just a little aggressive. I like 3gcustomz diffuser alot but id have to get it powder coated because i want it to be black. And then yhe ZL1 diffuser i like there design the best but not sure it would look right on a 2014 the way the bumper is. That leaves me with bjsgarage so im still looking i was hoping to see these all installed on a pre 2015 so i could make a decision. Anyone have these installed id love to see what it looks like on a 2014 or earlier Challenger?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The first is from 3gcustomz the second in from ZL1 addons and the third is from bjsgarage. These are the ones im looking at. Not to cheap looking and just a little aggressive. I like 3gcustomz diffuser alot but id have to get it powder coated because i want it to be black. And then yhe ZL1 diffuser i like there design the best but not sure it would look right on a 2014 the way the bumper is. That leaves me with bjsgarage so im still looking i was hoping to see these all installed on a pre 2015 so i could make a decision. Anyone have these installed id love to see what it looks like on a 2014 or earlier Challenger?
Just an FYI....I saw in another thread where BJ'S was closing up shop and not taking any more orders.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,234 Posts
... That leaves me with bjsgarage so im still looking i was hoping to see these all installed on a pre 2015 so i could make a decision. Anyone have these installed id love to see what it looks like on a 2014 or earlier Challenger?
BJ's Garage is out of business. Check his FaceBook page

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have seen several video's on installing rear diffusers and the one workplaydrive used was the zl1. He also installed another one but the issue is if you have the rear backup sensors the diffusers that people sell do not have those. You either have to cut the new diffuser to make them work or you just dont use them anymore. I also like that the zl1 diffuser actually plugs/screws into the bottom of the diff and provides a real flat surface going into the diffuser. the zl1 also goes under the oem stuff so you dont mess with the rear sensors so cant mess them up.
I also did not know bj's was going out of business. Thanks for posting that info.

Ron

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
So is a diffuser a "looks" mod or a performance mod? I know nothing about them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So is a diffuser a "looks" mod or a performance mod? I know nothing about them.
It's a racing mod but it's mostly for looks.

The actual purpose is to accelerate the velocity of the airflow underneath the car. The pressure under the car is affected by the diffuser so that it can expand back to ambient in the diffuser, as the car moves through the air.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You can look at it as a reverse wing. It works to create low pressure under the car in affect it "sucks" the car to the ground, where a wing "pushes" the car down using down force. A diffuser creates a sucking force because the air is straightened out and sped up then at the end of the car is spread out slowing down as it expands causing a low pressure area under the car. this is basically "free" down force" as the air is not actually creating any drag so as performance goes is better than a wing if you compare efficiencies. However if you look at actual down force generated its wont be anywhere near what a wing produces. Plus they dont really work at all until you reach a speed not normally obtained on a street. It does however have a reputation of keeping crap off the back trunk/camera much longer than if you dont have one. I guess that would make it both a performance and cosmetic mod.

Ron

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does it work?

It does however have a reputation of keeping crap off the back trunk/camera much longer than if you dont have one. I guess that would make it both a performance and cosmetic mod.

Ron
Jeez...can anyone corroborate this? I buy one just to keep the dirt off the back end of the car. I never had a car that was such an ass dirt magnet. Worse than my pickup truck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
The problem with ZL1 is they dont make a diffuser for the 2014 and before models. And the 3gcustomz goes under the car so im not sure how either would mess up your rear senors.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,727 Posts
The rear sensors he was referring to the other one WPD installed, from Ikon

A Guy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Jeez...can anyone corroborate this? I buy one just to keep the dirt off the back end of the car. I never had a car that was such an ass dirt magnet. Worse than my pickup truck!
I cant confirm this myself as I dont have one. I did read a LOT of posts though with people asking and installing them and several mentioned that the back stays cleaner with the diffuser installed. Makes sense to me too as the air is straightened out and accelerated past the rear end there is also less turbulence swirling back against the rear causing drag. That is what allows the rear to collect the dirt in the first place. There is a lot of swirl behind one of these cars as the looks cause a lot of drag(70 styling was not very good and even though they worked on it a lot not much you can do about that.) All you have to really do is look at all the SUV's that have back windows that look like our trunk space and all of them have wipers back there to allow you to clean all the dirt off those things as they are much worse and collect dirt like no other.

Ron

1 - 20 of 39 Posts