Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
This is what im talking about....absolutely in love with this design, not too aggressive and not too simple, just in the middle, perfecto!
Will be ordering this soon, they make them for 2009-2018 models, SRT and Non-SRTs too.

Manufactured from 1/8" Mill Finished Brushed Aluminum.

Bolt together design for added stability and finishing options.

Stainless Steel Hardware Included – Also included are the correct spacers needed to make the diffuser sit flat, and not harm your sheet metal or diffuser from tightening to close gaps left by some competitors.

With minimal prep work it is suitable for customer painting, powder coating or even polishing. You can even have it wrapped to match the look you want for your car.
Who makes this one?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
ZL1 Addons

Your shopping cart is waiting for you
We noticed there was an item left in your shopping cart. If you're ready to complete your order, your cart is waiting for your return. Make sure to use code ZL15 at checkout and save 5% off your order.

I just received this code from ZL1 , Maybe it will work for everyone?

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
this is available from ikon.i bought one for 99$ from their website just to see if i liked quality.its not bad and is a direct swap although i have not installed yet.finish isn't quite like the factory finish so I'm not sure how i will do the paint .would probably be best to go body color.to me it looks like a part that mopar should be designing into the car already.
where do the back up sensors mount in that?

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Plus they dont really work at all until you reach a speed not normally obtained on a street. It does however have a reputation of keeping crap off the back trunk/camera much longer than if you dont have one. I guess that would make it both a performance and cosmetic mod.

Ron
Aerodynamics affect the car at all speeds, be it with less drag, (Fuel economy, acceleration and top speed), down force, lift, etc. The trick is to generate enough G's of down force with the car traveling in a straight line, (greater than 1G) so you could literally drive your car on a track suspended above the ground, upside down, if you have the "Grapefruits" to attempt it. >:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
My main hope for mine was to keep the back cleaner. Can confirm it does no such thing. lol. Maybe it was just in my head but I do swear it stabilizes it a bit on the highway especially around big rigs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
My main hope for mine was to keep the back cleaner. Can confirm it does no such thing. lol. Maybe it was just in my head but I do swear it stabilizes it a bit on the highway especially around big rigs.
if you want to keep the back bumper clean, you have to reduce the negative pressure trailing the car, removing your spoiler would be a good start at achieving that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Here is my diffuser from ZL1 Addons ($269 with shipping included)looks great and super easy install (took 20 minutes)
Before

After

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here is my diffuser from ZL1 Addons ($269 with shipping included)looks great and super easy install (took 20 minutes)
looks good! I just ordered mine last week, how long did it take to get it from the time you ordered it? I see they show a 7-10 day lead time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
It was delivered in 7 working days

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
358 Posts
I went with diffuser panels from Authority Motorsport. Individual panels you can space out however you like. There are 3 different styles. They bolt on to existing lower bumper so some drilling required and are super economical. Last I checked they were $64 for a set of 4. Just another option.

Diffuser2.jpg

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,317 Posts
The problem with ZL1 is they dont make a diffuser for the 2014 and before models. And the 3gcustomz goes under the car so im not sure how either would mess up your rear senors.
That's a real bummer. The ZL1 diffuser is the only one I would put on my Shaker.

The rear sensors he was referring to the other one WPD installed, from Ikon

A Guy
Besides everything he said in the video, that thing doesn't appear to be functional at all.

·
Registered
18 dodge challenger T/A 392
4 Posts
Hey guys a couple of weekends ago I saw a 2014 RT in orange, lowered just like mine, with wickerbill spoiler and Hellcat wheels, what really grabbed my attention is the rear diffuser, I've searched online for some rear diffusers but didn't really see much and didn't come up to my expectations, so can someone show me some rear diffusers that I can fit on my SXT 2014?
zL1 addons

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,317 Posts
I contacted ZL1 and was told they cannot make their diffuser mount on a 2014.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts