Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I order mine full black, I know the powder coating is extra and it takes longer I should getting mine next week, but it’s my personal choice I don’t like any chrome or shiny things on my chally so I removed all chrome on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking the same.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
They mention

If your rear end is unthreaded you will need a Rivnut Tool to install the hardware nuts that the bolts will screw into.

Does anyone know if this tool is provided? Has anyone had theirs not be threaded? Just curious

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
They mention

If your rear end is unthreaded you will need a Rivnut Tool to install the hardware nuts that the bolts will screw into.

Does anyone know if this tool is provided? Has anyone had theirs not be threaded? Just curious

A Guy
I purchase have the riv nut tool at harbor freight, I needed to install my ZL1 front splitter, the same riv nut can be used on the rear, and I had a few extra ones from that kit and you can buy them at any hardware store, just take the screw to find the correct riv nut, however there is opening where I can slide 3 fingers in to place a washer and nut inside as well

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
So the answer is no? They do not provide the tool? And was your cross member threaded?

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
So the answer is no? They do not provide the tool? And was your cross member threaded?

A Guy
You can buy from them for 25 bucks, what I paid at harbor freight, my was cross member is not cross threaded but I have both options the riv nut or a place a washer and nut on the cross member, the cross member has 3 rectangular openings that you can easily slide a washer and nut inside if you don’t want to buy the riv nut tool and go that route

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
You don't want to answer if they provide it? :D That's OK, keep your secrets :p

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
You don't want to answer if they provide it? :D That's OK, keep your secrets :p

A Guy
I just said you can buy it them from them for 25 bucks, you can buy the rivnut tool directly from ZL1 for 25 bucks along with splitter or diffuser, but if you are asking if they give it for free that’s a negative

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
I know what you said, but never answered the question I asked, thank you for the answer ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts

A Guy
I answered both questions earlier lol

1)no they do not provide the tool but you can purchased it from them

2)I mentioned my cross member is not threaded,

however you don’t have to buy the tool or riv nuts as the cross member has 3 rectangular openings that you can easily slide a washer and nut

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
I'll have to disagree, not once did you say no they do not provide it until the third post. I could have ass-u-me-d from your answer, but well ass u me

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll have to disagree, not once did you say no they do not provide it until the third post. I could have ass-u-me-d from your answer, but well ass u me

A Guy
Well mr smarty pants lol if you want to be technical lol I mentioned on my first response that I Purchased the tool harbor freight, one would assume that if I had to purchase it cus they did not provide such tool, Bazzzinga! Lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
One could, but many wouldn't ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
One could, but many wouldn't ;)

A Guy
Hence my further explanation that you don’t have to buy it for the diffuser since you can place a washer and nut in the cross member so you wouldn’t so your correct there

But for the front splitter I had too

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
And the adding a nut from the top...was it a four letter word thing? Skinny fingers or else? It's good to know that was an option. I assume adding the rivnut is mostly foolproof, but if there is an easy option to not spend the $25 and it works out fine, then many would choose that

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
And the adding a nut from the top...was it a four letter word thing? Skinny fingers or else? It's good to know that was an option. I assume adding the rivnut is mostly foolproof, but if there is an easy option to not spend the $25 and it works out fine, then many would choose that

A Guy
Yes 3 skinny fingers and 2 fat fingers, the opening is right next to the hole where you thread the bolt, it makes it easy but if you want to be cheap and not spend 25 you can get away with it lol

I already have it so might as well

Or you can do what I did when I was a poor college kid trying to fix my cars, buy the tool, save the receipt and return it after you use it lol reason of return: I don’t need it! Lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
It's all out of curiosity as I don't think I'd add one. Besides adding it to an SXT which is decidedly not the performance version of the Challenger, I do like the clean looks of my car, even the small front spoiler. I like the look of louvers, even a rear window spoiler, some of the 1/4 window louvers, side scoops, etc. But keep getting stuck on the smooth lines as is. I've yet to see a Challenger with a proper diffuser that didn't look good from behind

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's all out of curiosity as I don't think I'd add one. Besides adding it to an SXT which is decidedly not the performance version of the Challenger, I do like the clean looks of my car, even the small front spoiler. I like the look of louvers, even a rear window spoiler, some of the 1/4 window louvers, side scoops, etc. But keep getting stuck on the smooth lines as is. I've yet to see a Challenger with a proper diffuser that didn't look good from behind

A Guy
I like the ZL1 cus it’s simple and plain something more factory looking, it’s not to over the top like the KNG Wrap Diffuser than make look the rear of the car like a transformer lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found another diffuser on ebay, looks a bit Subaru -ish but I still like it. There's only two reviews, one says it's great and another that it's terrible quality, had anyone seen that before?

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Found this on ebay recently as well, looks like vicrez is at again. I really like this integrated oem look, i worry other styles like the zl1 will scrape

Either molded piece, or i might be willing to cut my center section and go custom

21 - 40 of 80 Posts