Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well I just got email from fed ex that my package was found and will be here monday, what amazes me is that it was shipped on June 5th and it took over 30 days to get here considering i am 4 hours away, it’s unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you installed it yet? Mine is being delivered tomorrow. They beat their delivery date by 5 days.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
We'll have to envision it...

A Guy

Reactions: Toddsnake

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mine came in. I need to go open the box and inspect. I may wait to install until it cools down around here, plus I need to install my new sway bar at the same time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Here is a pic.
yeah baby, that's what I'm taking about, looks good. now go test it out in the country about 160 mph and let us know how it feels. :)

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
Went out for a quick test drive. No problems. However I did stiffen up the unit by securing the middle to the bottom of the trunk. I was not too impressed with the lack of stiffness and the last thing I wanted was to have it flapping in the breeze.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Went out for a quick test drive. No problems. However I did stiffen up the unit by securing the middle to the bottom of the trunk. I was not too impressed with the lack of stiffness and the last thing I wanted was to have it flapping in the breeze.
Can you explain in more detail what you mean. The instructions have you bolt in 4 places on the rear.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
Yes, that's right. There is also a front attachment point at the cross member. After I installed it, I felt there was still too much possibility for flex so, using another attachment kit provided to me by ZL1, I drilled a hole and bolted on the support and using heavy duty automotive velcro, secured the upper end to the trunk bottom. The diffuser is pushing up toward the car at these points so the velcro seems to be enough. I did this on each side. Firmed it right up.

IMG_20200717_162407.jpg
IMG_20200717_162456.jpg

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, that's right. There is also a front attachment point at the cross member. After I installed it, I felt there was still too much possibility for flex so, using another attachment kit provided to me by ZL1, I drilled a hole and bolted on the support and using heavy duty automotive velcro, secured the upper end to the trunk bottom. The diffuser is pushing up toward the car at these points so the velcro seems to be enough. I did this on each side. Firmed it right up.

View attachment 998499 View attachment 998500
Do you have info on the attachment kit? Any more pics?

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
You get two threaded aluminum dowels with the kit. There are several install videos on youtube that show how to install. You can use another kit or just get some hardware that will do the job. The dowel pictured was OK to use as it came. I cut down the other one about an inch because the trunk bottom was lower there due to the battery location.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
499 Posts
81 - 96 of 96 Posts