Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT with 4800 miles. After a week I started to hear this rear end noise.. took it back to the dealer and they could not replicate the noise.. showed them several videos of the noise that I recorded and they can’t do anything unless they can replicate it themselves... anyone know what this could be? Break pads are new. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,712 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT with 4800 miles. After a week I started to hear this rear end noise.. took it back to the dealer and they could not replicate the noise.. showed them several videos of the noise that I recorded and they can’t do anything unless they can replicate it themselves... anyone know what this could be? Break pads are new. Thank you in advance.
What kind of noise? Squeal? Squeak? Rattle? Moan? Groan? Giggling? What?

Did the noise just appear out of the blue a week after you bought the car or perchance after the new brake pads were installed? Last thing touched is first thing suspect so you might want to double the brake pad install or have this checked by a qualified tech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s more of groan noise to the rear. It only happens at cold start and when you take off slow and press on the breaks. I have a video but this website won’t let me upload it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Sound like the video in 1st post?

You'd have to upload your video to Youtube, no way to direct upload videos here

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts