Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I don't post a lot (life keeps me busy), but I lurk a lot. I thought I'd come to you guys with a question that's plaguing me. A few weeks back, pulling out of the garage, I heard the loudest bang I've ever heard come from a car that was not in an accident. I stopped immediately and nothing seemed out of sorts, nothing broken or hanging like the dreaded cradle failure. So I pressed on. I called the dealer and got it in for service immediately. In the days that followed I started to get a vibration at speed and more so when stopping.
They "checked" everything lug nuts, diff, full suspension etc. Tires are good, had them rotated recently (not that that means anything, but still).

My question is what could it be? I'm going to take it to a different dealer when I get back from out of town. Just like to hear input beforehand.

Car is the Redline SXT with ~26k on the clock.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
When you say "pulling out of the garage", had you gotten up to any significant speed? I wonder if you just through a wheel weight.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Next door neighbor kid hit your car with a tennis ball, no dents left behind...j/k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next door neighbor kid hit your car with a tennis ball, no dents left behind...j/k.

*Get off my lawn*

When you say "pulling out of the garage", had you gotten up to any significant speed? I wonder if you just through a wheel weight.
no track days for me. daily commute is mostly stop and go with traffic. I get to the office on surface streets, maybe 40mph at best.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Seriously tho, you know if that's what it was, those kids scattered into the nearest hiding spots and then pissed themselves as you stopped the car and got out to look around. Knowing that if you spotted the ball, the scene woulda looked like a beehive that just got disturbed with children running for their lives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts