Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear diff is screaming again and the radio doesn't cover it up anymore.

Did the 300C use the same differential? I want to build it before I take the car to the lift. I have a lot of things I want to do under there while the cradle is out.

I don't feel the Dana 60 upgrade is right for this car. I think the factory unit can do the job if quality parts and a good gear set is chosen.

any ideas for a good gear set & ratio?

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
No, you would need a 300 SRT8 diff so it would be a Getrag, the standard 300C diff won't work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
OK, stick car, so that wouldn't work either because of the ratio. You need a Challenger M6 Getrag from 2009-2014 with the 3.91 ratio. The Getrag automatic is a 3.06 and no good for a stick.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
Some have done a rear cradle swap to the 2015+. Might be a good move if you're killing Getrags. The 2015+ ZF LSD is rated for Hellcat power.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that's an Idea! That would save money on G-Force half shafts too!
Some have done a rear cradle swap to the 2015+. Might be a good move if you're killing Getrags. The 2015+ ZF LSD is rated for Hellcat power.
I'm guessing I would have to buy a Co-part car to get the correct cradle. A 2015 front end total RT or Scat Pak car?

A 4:10 or 4:30 would work too; particularly if its a stronger set. I'm not limiting myself to a factory ratio.

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
Cradle might not be that much from dealer, send a PM to Luke.

He could get you driveshaft, halfshafts and rear end.

Probably be the way to go but only factory ratios would be 3.70 or 3.90.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Don’t believe you can get a gear set change in the new zf diffs so you would be limited at 3.90. You can in the getrag though.
I have 4.10s in my 5.7 auto car. Has held strong through many a hard launches at 540/570 to the tire.
But if you are concerned about gear whine, I’d be hesitant to go that low. The 4.10s are pretty noisy, don’t think the 4.29s are as bad from what I read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts