Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Rear inside Challenger trim

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Stoned Hemi 6 
#1 ·
I noticed last week that the rear inside trim that reaches the back window; that there is about an 1" or 1 1/2" gap between the trim and the back window. If you are looking into the car through the back window, it's hard to notice the gap because the rear window is blacked out about 2 1/2" all the way around the window. The light has to shine just right to notice the gap from the outside. Let me know if this is normal. Help

#2 ·
I recently noticed this on my car too. The left side of my interior c-pillar trim seems to sag a bit and I can see some foam insulation through the back window. I'm debating if I want to have the dealer fix this or not. Something like this should not occur on a modern car, let alone one costing as much as $50,000.

#3 ·
I took my Challenger to the dealer and had this checked out. I was told that was the way they were all built. The service dept mananger said that was the reason for the 2 1/2" black-out around the rear window. That way you can't see the gap between the rear iside trim and the rear window.

#4 ·
You are 100% correct, I took my car in because the headliner was falling off in the back and when I picked it up I noticed the gap. I asked if that was something that should be fixed and I was told they all come like that, sure enough I went onto their lot and all 10 Challengers the dealer had ranging from SEs to SRTs had the exact same fitment of that rear panel. If it was just my car that had the issue it would bug me, but knowing that all cars have the same fitment it doesn't bother me.

#8 ·
Just get in the back seat..and look at the edges of the back window...the interior looks quite thick..and really doesn't butt up against the window at all.

The guy that tinted my car's windows said it was a plus..'cause it made the rear window easier to tint..and keep the edges hidden.

#11 ·
WOW. Thanks for the pic. I was not aware of this before. I really wish an insider would chime in as to why this is considered "normal". I have never seen this on any car I have ever owned. I will check my 300C later, but I doubt it is like that.

And the headliner issue concerns me as well. How can no one at Chrysler feel this should be addressed and corrected? The GWE R/T Classic at the recent Chicago Auto Show clearly had it's headliner popped open along the passenger's door. It was quite obvious when I visited the car and opened the door. In fact, the marketing photos they released the same day show it as well. I have attached the releseased photo and a lightnened version to show what was "hidden".

Why doesn't Chrysler and/or someone at Brampton address this?

JFF:D

Attachments

#12 ·
I noticed this on my IE as well. Should I be concerned? I don't recall seeing this when I had my DY SRT8. However, I did get the windows tinted within three days of having that one so I could've overlooked it. Anyone else notice this? I'm pondering whether to get it replaced and pray that the dealer doesn't screw something else up or just roll with it and get the window tinted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.