Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple weeks ago i searched the forums to see if anyone made a spring to lift the rear an inch to give it that nice, old school raked look. To my disappointment there is no one that makes them. Well after making some phone calls I found a place that is going to make me custom springs to raise the back up for my desired look. I wanted to put the info out there in-case anyone else is out there looking for the same look that there is hope. If i can get some positive feedback they might make a batch and offer them for sale on there webpage.

:redcap:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well mainly because my driveway is a ***** and I scrape at stock ride height. Compliments of my county road crews and mass transit buses rutting up the street. Plus I like the car to sit up higher, the the old ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
What is your plan to adjust the front end camber and caster etc. after lifting the rear? Back in the day people would lift the rear end, and before you know it their front suspension is shot because now the geometry is all outta whack, wreaking havoc on front end parts......

·
Registered
598 Posts
What is your plan to adjust the front end camber and caster etc. after lifting the rear? Back in the day people would lift the rear end, and before you know it their front suspension is shot because now the geometry is all outta whack, wreaking havoc on front end parts......
Lifting the back won't mess up the front. The front camber will remain the same, caster will be slightly reduced & toe won't be affected. The rear camber will be off a little.

I plan on the same look but with 1.5"~ front lowering springs.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
:banger:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
If you have a 2011up it MAY be as simple as switch rears to 2008-10 as the two parked together there is a good inch difference front and back. I dropped a half inch on my front tires and it raked it well, but with your driveway can see srings in rear a better solution, nowadays it's all about drop but with our roads keeping mine "Jackrabbit"! ;)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
So the 08-10's are higher in the rear than 11-14? What brand springs would you recommend to drop the front an inch, that would have zero change in the ride quality? I don't want a stiff feel at all.
No idea bout that but yes the suspension was changed in MY 2011 just spitballing on OPs looking for LIFT type springs when everything "aftermarket/mod" is lowering. I know no one to actually try this and he never said if it was an R/T or SRT since to raise the rear of the 2nd you could maybe go with OEM rears of R/T?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a set of srt springs to put in. Was considering only installing the fronts to get some rake. Im still undecided but maybe ill do the front first and see how i like it. Hopefully this weekend...

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I purchased the front SRT springs second hand, paid $80 for them four years ago. I swapped over my stock R/T struts to the SRT springs. I thought the car handled somewhat better than stock with that set up. The 2009 R/T came from the factory really high back then and handled pretty poorly IMO.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Know this isn't quite what you are looking for just wanted to show the 1/2" shorter sidewall (have to have ESP half off always or throws ABS/BAS lights) on front rakes it down. I plan on/have LT headers to install and figured if nose clears they will also, OEM springs etc, front is 235/50/18 and rears 275/40/20.

·
Registered
957 Posts
While we're on the topic of suspension swaps... if im replacing the springs only will i need an alignment afterwards? The other question i have is, when i do take the ride for a alignment do i need to tell them to align it to SRT specs (im installing srt springs) or just let them figure it out?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Another possibility to just raise the rear might be to use the AWD Charger's suspension cradle-to-body spacers. I believe they are about one inch high.

Reactions: 45slug

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well i got one half of the job done this weekend. Installed SRT springs on the front of baby blue. I love the way she rides already, much less body roll and firmer ride. I measured the fronts again last night and it sits 1 1/8" lower than previously. Most likely i will install the rears this weekend...i like the look of the front end dropped but its not dramatic enough for me. I'd rather have the upgraded suspension vs the look

Pics...the shadows are killing me. kinda hard to get a good look in any of these
Before drop:

After:

·
Registered
610 Posts
so did anybody accomplished it ? im trying to do this minus the wheelie bar.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I just lowered my Challenger, installed KW Height Adjustable Springs. The adjustment right now is all the way down, and so the camber is out of specs now. I plan to adjust it up maybe half inch or up so to I can correct the camber setting. I really like the looks of the drop but like you mention the front end can take a beating.

Reactions: arkangel
1 - 20 of 30 Posts