Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I installed my spoiler on the challenger about two years ago and I noticed in summer, the middle of the spoiler would bow upwards a bit because we didn't do the middle screw.

I've since taken off the center tail light section and drilled a 1 inch hole to try and get a screw there but I can't figure out how to do it without losing the screw... I have admittedly and embarrassingly already lost one screw into that trunk lid as well as a small driver extension that I thought I could hold securely with my hand when I realized I wouldn't be able to use a screwdriver as there wasn't enough distance between the bottom of the trunk lid to the hole.

I've tried using Gorilla double side tape but that doesn't seem to be doing the job. Maybe I'm not using enough or I'm not placing it on the part of the spoiler where it is actually touching the trunk lid.

This weekend I think I'll try to give it another go cause it drives me crazy when I see it bowing up in the heat.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get that damned middle screw in?

Its a 2014 PX8 Black Challenger.

And the brand of spoiler I purchased I'm fairly certain was this here,

https://www.amazon.com/Challenger-Spoiler-Painted-Factory-Choice/dp/B00B51WM9A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525750416&sr=8-3&keywords=challenger+spoiler

And their own website

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Dodge Challenger Spoiler - Spoiler and Wing King

Side question,

I have the satin black Hellcat replica wheels from OE Wheels and the OEM black fuel door. I'm thinking that a matte black spoiler may look better than the PX8 black spoiler I have now so that it matches the fuel door and sorta matches the wheels. Anyone have any pictures with that sorta setup?

Side side questions, somehow I've gotten a few tiny spots of curb rash on those satin black wheels (I'm not sure how as I am SO careful whenever I park... maybe from debris from unpaved roads?) and I was looking for a touch of paint of some sort to help fix it. Anyone have any idea? The guys at OE Wheels apparently can't or won't tell me what the color code is that they use...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,045 Posts
Have a magnet? Magnetize the screwdriver/bit, whatever you're using. All my tools are magnetized, helpful for picking up dropped screws in tight places as well.

I originally thought I'd rather have a gloss black painted spoiler, but have decided the spoiler and lower cladding matching is better

A Guy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a shot with a magnetized bit.

The cladding on the newer 15+ Challengers does come up higher and cover more than on the pre-15s and I think that might be why the matte spoiler looks pretty good on them. I'll have to try and find some pictures of a black pre-15 Challenger with the black fuel door and a matte black spoiler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts