Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks awesome. Love the 2 tone and black roof. Clean look. Love it.
I just have my wheels painted today , satin black powder coating , I keep the originals wheels ( 18 '' ) I can not afford the new Demon Replica satin black wheels + new michelin tire ( 20 '' ) more than $2500...too much expensive for me .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just have my wheels painted today , satin black powder coating , I keep the originals wheels ( 18 '' ) I can not afford the new Demon Replica satin black wheels + new michelin tire ( 20 '' ) more than $2500...too much expensive for me .:rolleyes:
Wheels look amazing. You gotta do what you gotta do. But at least you had it done right. Love the look of the black. I got lucky when I bought mine with all the upgrades including the Brembos. Lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh thank you , you're right you was lucky to buy your car with those upgrades .

I bought mine in May 2019 and the previous owner add a wrapped satin black top , so I was happy .

The only one thing is it's only a SXT V6 . It don't have the beautifull sound of a V8 . When I bought mine last year, there was no V8 available around here, and now there are many just waiting for me but... I think I must be reasonable and keep my V6 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Oh thank you , you're right you was lucky to buy your car with those upgrades .

I bought mine in May 2019 and the previous owner add a wrapped satin black top , so I was happy .

The only one thing is it's only a SXT V6 . It don't have the beautiful sound of a V8 . When I bought mine last year there was no V8 aviable around here , and now there are many just waiting for me but... I think I must be reasonable and keep my V6 :rolleyes:
You can’t worry about everybody wondering why not a V8. Or why not a 392. Why a 5.7? Because it’s what I wanted and what I can afford. It’s your car. Make it your own and enjoy it. Down the road maybe a V8 is in your future. I had an 04 Mach1 Mustang show car for 10 years. Sold it 6 years ago. I was driving a Hyundai Veloster for 4 years until I was ready to jump ship and get my Challenger. Everything takes time. In the meantime enjoy your Challenger. Keep up the mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You're right , and I understand your point . For me I just move from a 1962 MGA 1600 MKII show car owned for 34 year to a 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 owned 6 years to my 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT and I am very proud of it , thanks for your encouragement .

Happy motoring (y)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right , and I understand your point . For me I just move from a 1962 MGA 1600 MKII show car owned for 34 year to a 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 owned 6 years to my 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT and I am very proud of it , thanks for your encouragement .

Happy motoring (y)
Anytime. Same to you my friend. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,309 Posts
Reactions: Mondingo77

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,839 Posts
Looks great, I do like those puddle lights a lot!

It took me a few pics to notice the R/T stripe along the rocker panels though, maybe it is just the pictures though. But with the color being dark enough blue and those stripes being black, my eye just didn't see them until that pic of them up close.

The rear louvers look good, but adding those on top of everything else (the two sets of stripes, the contrasting fender badges, the shaker hood, the spoiler badge, the painted calipers), the side profile of the car is getting pretty busy isn't it? 🤔

I'm not going to tell you that you need to remove anything you have added on, but I will say that I feel like the next exterior mod you add could end up being one too many.

It is a bad-ass car though, don't misunderstand me...but I would concentrate the next few mods on the interior or drive train I think just to keep everything in balance...like Feng Shui, you know? 😎

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is a great looking ride. I love how the louvers and stripes blend together.(y)

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Installed Mp Concepts rear louver, and RPI splash guards. Also installed R/T stripe on lower rocker panel and 345 Emblem. Love the look. Favorite is my R/T blue puddle lights. What do you guys think?

View attachment 992269 View attachment 992270
Looks very nice, do you have any more pictures of the louvers? From straight behind? In their ads, they look curved, but they look straight on your car.
Compared to the last pictures on the red car in this ad

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great, I do like those puddle lights a lot!

It took me a few pics to notice the R/T stripe along the rocker panels though, maybe it is just the pictures though. But with the color being dark enough blue and those stripes being black, my eye just didn't see them until that pic of them up close.

The rear louvers look good, but adding those on top of everything else (the two sets of stripes, the contrasting fender badges, the shaker hood, the spoiler badge, the painted calipers), the side profile of the car is getting pretty busy isn't it? 🤔

I'm not going to tell you that you need to remove anything you have added on, but I will say that I feel like the next exterior mod you add could end up being one too many.

It is a bad-ass car though, don't misunderstand me...but I would concentrate the next few mods on the interior or drive train I think just to keep everything in balance...like Feng Shui, you know? 😎
I totally understand. That’s why I went with the matte black stripe only on the rocker panel and not a huge stripe up along the whole side of the car. It just needed a little something to break it up. And the Emblem being red kind of contrasts neatly with the red brembos. I just needed something on the side. But I am done with the outside. Nothing left. Lol Actually I’m more focusing on doing my exhaust mods and engine than anything else. I don’t like interior mods much. Makes it look cheap if you add stuff. But my puddle lights are my favorite. Lol. Thanks again for the reply. And honesty. Lol 👊 much appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks very nice, do you have any more pictures of the louvers? From straight behind? In their ads, they look curved, but they look straight on your car.
Compared to the last pictures on the red car in this ad
Mine just curves slightly to follow the curvature of the window. But that’s it. Love this look the best. Got it from americanmuscle.com. MP concepts. It was $129. Plastic abs in matte black. They have gloss also. 👍🏻

2DECA49C-1BCC-43B2-A856-9C60FB1E3721.jpeg
5E9A45CA-CCE8-46B1-8095-DE821B5B8CE6.jpeg
DE105E13-08BF-4F98-BD65-875BDE44DAFA.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,309 Posts
@Mondingo77
Thanks for chipping in that those louvers are offered in gloss and matte.

Should I go with louvers, the matte would go better with my car in the T/A trim.

Reactions: Pioneer4x4
1 - 20 of 42 Posts