Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
@Mondingo77
Thanks for chipping in that those louvers are offered in gloss and matte.

Should I go with louvers, the matte would go better with my car in the T/A trim.
Anytime. Go with the matte. I went with that because of the matte stripes that came with my Shaker package. It will look better and match with the rest of the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Anytime. Go with the matte. I went with that because of the matte stripes that came with my Shaker package. It will look better and match with the rest of the car.
Beautiful car by the way. Love the yellow. And the matte Louver would look awesome on that car. 馃憡馃槑

Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
Looks great, I do like those puddle lights a lot!

It took me a few pics to notice the R/T stripe along the rocker panels though, maybe it is just the pictures though. But with the color being dark enough blue and those stripes being black, my eye just didn't see them until that pic of them up close.

The rear louvers look good, but adding those on top of everything else (the two sets of stripes, the contrasting fender badges, the shaker hood, the spoiler badge, the painted calipers), the side profile of the car is getting pretty busy isn't it? 馃

I'm not going to tell you that you need to remove anything you have added on, but I will say that I feel like the next exterior mod you add could end up being one too many.

It is a bad-ass car though, don't misunderstand me...but I would concentrate the next few mods on the interior or drive train I think just to keep everything in balance...like Feng Shui, you know? 馃槑
Same....hard to see. IDK, im not a stripe kinda guy but i do appreciate them on others.

I seen those puddle lights on eBay. Kinda cool but cant find what i want. Also seen wheel center cap lights that light up when driving. Dont have what id want from those either but its different. Not sure id even do that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Same....hard to see. IDK, im not a stripe kinda guy but i do appreciate them on others to make it different.

I seen those puddle lights on eBay. Kinda cool but cant find what i want. Also seen wheel center cap lights that light up when driving. Dont have what id want from those either but its different.
Thanks. I wanted a small stripe. Nothing crazy and nothing that would jump right at you. That鈥檚 why I like the stripe. Nobody notices at first. And then they鈥檙e like , oh that鈥檚 cool. Didn鈥檛 see it at first. Lol

Registered
Thanks. I wanted a small stripe. Nothing crazy and nothing that would jump right at you. That鈥檚 why I like the stripe. Nobody notices at first. And then they鈥檙e like , oh that鈥檚 cool. Didn鈥檛 see it at first. Lol
Exactly, that was my reation lol.

Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
@Mondingo77
Thanks for chipping in that those louvers are offered in gloss and matte.

Should I go with louvers, the matte would go better with my car in the T/A trim.
Yes I agree, and from those pictures, I like them even more. And with my car also having a lot of matte black stuff, that is what I would want as well. Very nice @Mondingo77

Registered
Mine just curves slightly to follow the curvature of the window. But that鈥檚 it. Love this look the best. Got it from americanmuscle.com. MP concepts. It was $129. Plastic abs in matte black. They have gloss also. 馃憤馃徎

View attachment 992300

Do you have any pics from the inside looking rearwards please? Ideally an over the shoulder pic and one of the rear view mirror view?

Some louvres are barely visible from the inside when looking rearwards, and some have a "half closed blinds" effect - I'm wondering which these ones are like

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Do you have any pics from the inside looking rearwards please? Ideally an over the shoulder pic and one of the rear view mirror view?

Some louvres are barely visible from the inside when looking rearwards, and some have a "half closed blinds" effect - I'm wondering which these ones are like
I鈥檒l do one today after work. Visibility is great. Really don鈥檛 lose all that much. The slats in it are wide enough to see everything behind you. I鈥檒l take a pic today for you and post it when I get time. 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
I鈥檒l do one today after work. Visibility is great. Really don鈥檛 lose all that much. The slats in it are wide enough to see everything behind you. I鈥檒l take a pic today for you and post it when I get time. 馃憤馃徎
Here you go. Took them on my way to work. The foam pads are there to reduce any noise or rattling. Don鈥檛 see them from outside the car. It comes with the kit.

0EDC21F2-C029-431C-B813-E811053B03C7.jpeg
7248B36A-229A-476A-BD80-D08CADB4D596.jpeg
D8051020-4045-4AEF-A9D0-791B987A339B.jpeg
0591FB62-C1C3-4A1C-A71A-27B133B497CA.jpeg
C9CB91D5-7BBB-4962-8089-E6E7879A08B4.jpeg

Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
I really, really like those. Once things get back to normal, I will be seriously looking into those.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
I finaly make it...just trade my 2014 SXT Plus for 2015 RT Scat Pack 6 speed manual , wonderfull 馃槂
Hey!!! Congratulations on your new ride. That didn鈥檛 take long. Lol. Best of luck with it. See, everything works out in the end. Can鈥檛 wait to see some pics. Let the mods begin.

Registered
Louvers were popular back in the 80's. Alot of the new cars had enormous rear windows, hatchbacks were everywhere.
AC sucked compared to today's systems and the cars got hotter than a turbo's downpipe (family appropriate description). The louvers provided some direct relief of the sun beating down on the rear seat passengers. Add some tinted side windows and the car would get really dark. Anyways, the plastic ones were, meh. The aluminum ones were pretty sweet.

Wonder if the same is true today between the plastic ones and the metal ones. Plastic can be made to look some much better today, but I haven't seen any louvers in person to know. For $129, which i'd still rather spend on extra beer, maybe ...

Registered
Your cars look awesome and the louvers look great, I wanted to use alittle different theme and installed a GlassSkin Louver very happy with and get a lot of attention and the brake light sines through the GlassSkin logo
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #36

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 42 Posts