Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what people think? does anyone have a good sound clip with what it sounds like? How loud compared to stock? Is their bolt on or do you need to weld a stainless pipe in the place?

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
You'll get drone. It does sound ok. Go to blast bobs fat pipes web site. They have clips to listen to. Solo performance is having a group buy right now on the best exhaust for these cars and no drone. But if all your looking for is sound put the fat pipes on. I have a set for and srt for sale if your intrested. $150.00 shipped to the lower 48

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
Resonators are attached to your exhaust tips. If you have an auto, the "suitcase" muffler is located more centrally.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

Yea what I am looking for is sound right now not performance. I have a 6 speed but what im looking for is sound so if i take the resenators off is it too loud thats what I am asking. And do they have bolt on or can you only weld the pipes in the place of resenators thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...sound

I guess id like some feedback on what its going to sound like. I heard the soundclip on the website and its hard to tell on computer speakers. Wish there was a scale that said what stock exhaust is out of 10 and what without res. is out of 10 any ideas??

·
Registered
119 Posts
I guess id like some feedback on what its going to sound like. I heard the soundclip on the website and its hard to tell on computer speakers. Wish there was a scale that said what stock exhaust is out of 10 and what without res. is out of 10 any ideas??
I just took my resonators off about a week ago and put Blastin' Bob's on.
I do have an automatic so it's not the same as yours.
I can tell you that with the resonators removed it is 3x as loud as if they were on.
I'm completely satisfied.
With Bob's you just cut the pipes, remove the resonators and bolt on the pipes.
It took me 2 hours from start through clean up.
You will need a sawzall for sure to cut the pipes and the resonator tips so you can get the hangers off of them.
Scale of 1-10 it's a 7 or 8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you leave suitcase in place?
How is cabin sound level? Any drone?
Thx for any info because I am thinking of replacing rears as well.

Macbroker

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did you leave suitcase in place?
How is cabin sound level? Any drone?
Thx for any info because I am thinking of replacing rears as well.

Macbroker
Not sure who your asking........
If it's me, the suitcase is still in place.
The only things that were removed from my car was the resonators.
I was not able to drive my car much as I had no Insurance on it.
When the MDS Kicked in there was a small what I guess you could call drone.
If you auto stick it, then there wouldn't be any issues.
They say if you get a predator, that takes care of it too as it gets rid of the MDS.
The cabin noise is up but not so loud you can't hear the radio, you will have to turn it up though. LOL
To me, it's perfect I don't want anything different, but everyone has their own thing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
here are some before/after pics of my car before i had motor work done. in the first video it is a bone stock set up. in the second video i had the resos removed and 2 flowmaster super 44s put in place of the mufflers. hope this helps. total cost parts/labor was 200 bucks.

before

after

1 - 10 of 10 Posts