Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (and I suppose you) have what looks like a network connector passive hub, for a star topology.
It's a bar/pair of bars with 8 or so 2 wire connectors plugged in - and 1 hanging free.
(I had marked mine early for positions so it's never been plugged in on my watch.)
It's tagged NHP.
Anyone know where it goes, what option I don't have? Yet!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
671 Posts
Remote start requires more than the two wires of most of the connectors in a STAR connector. I have seen the loose connector that is taped back against the harness before, but never gave it any thought. If it does go to a remote start it would just be for bus communication and other wiring would be required for the system to work.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
381 Posts
The back of your glove box has a CAN bus strip on it. On my SXT there is one wire pair just dangling there as you described. As I was getting no failures, I have moved on with life.

I inquired with my local dealer about it, gave them the color of the wires, location, and the label and offered a picture and they told me to bring it in. I told them I would rather not spend two hours of my life sitting in their lounge to be told it is a not used system and to not worry about it. They just kind of laughed and said that is exactly what would happen. But I guess they do not get paid warranty claims by Dodge for phone calls or e-mails.

I do have the full wiring prints now, let me see. I am guessing mine is for adaptive cruise control as that is the only feature there that I do not have. I would have to go back and check the wiring color. What color is your not yellow wire?

*update. And because I am OCD I naturally had to immediately check. Grey and yellow, which is indeed the adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I have learned NHP is the sales code for that adaptive cruise control.
So - where is the other end?
(I often seek extra wires for toys and such...)

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
381 Posts
It hops to XY280A, which is mostly can bus stuff and one wire for "ac compressor control" so it is probably not too far away. There are a few plugs by the blower motor, perhaps one of those. From there is goes to wherever the adaptive control module mounts if you had one, which is apparently the dead center of the front bumper. If that harness is actually there. That would be a perfect way to get through the firewall. So XY280A is probably a firewall connector.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
671 Posts
Well, I learned something new today. I had thought of adding adaptive cruise control, but it requires many changes that makes it a very expensive add on. Glad to know what that connector is for, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts