Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of the modern Challenger with the rear quarter panel removed? I'm interested in knowing if and where there might be any glued bracing seams where the back side of the quarter would be glued to the unibody structure (if it is). I know that some members have had to replace a rear quarter after an accident so if you know or have any pics I would appreciate it. Haven't recked my car or anything, just wondering how the rear body panels are attached.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I doubt that the QP's are attached anywhere except around the edges. You could try tapping on the panel to listen for "dead" spots.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt that the QP's are attached anywhere except around the edges. You could try tapping on the panel to listen for "dead" spots.
Yeah, doesn't sound like there is anything behind them. I would love to see a cutaway schematic or a a unibody shell from the assembly line. Where is our Brampton Builder? He would know for sure I bet.

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of the modern Challenger with the rear quarter panel removed? I'm interested in knowing if and where there might be any glued bracing seams where the back side of the quarter would be glued to the unibody structure (if it is). I know that some members have had to replace a rear quarter after an accident so if you know or have any pics I would appreciate it. Haven't recked my car or anything, just wondering how the rear body panels are attached.
On the quarter about aft of the rear quarter, just at the side character line, there's a square "pan" shaped reinforcement that's bonded with adhesive to the outer skin for reinforcement.

It is raised and has some holes its probably about 8" x 10" - if you remove the interior quarter trim and pull off the sound deadening sheet foam in the larger inner rear quarter skin, you can see it.

It requires unbolting the rear seatback to get the quarter trim panels out.

I had the rear quarter "wave" that some cars come off the line with removed by have a PDR guy work on it.

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
On the quarter about aft of the rear quarter, just at the side character line, there's a square "pan" shaped reinforcement that's bonded with adhesive to the outer skin for reinforcement.

It is raised and has some holes its probably about 8" x 10" - if you remove the interior quarter trim and pull off the sound deadening sheet foam in the larger inner rear quarter skin, you can see it.

It requires unbolting the rear seatback to get the quarter trim panels out.

I had the rear quarter "wave" that some cars come off the line with removed by have a PDR guy work on it.
My car had the wave as well, that's what got me thinking about it. Are you talking about the upper portion of the rear quarter panel above the rear wheel and from the wheel back to the rear bumper area?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
My car had the wave as well, that's what got me thinking about it. Are you talking about the upper portion of the rear quarter panel above the rear wheel and from the wheel back to the rear bumper area?
What I've seen is between the rear of the door opening and forward of the rear wheel well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Saleen has a cut away pic of the rear quarter, not sure if its modded or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.