Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my rear seat deleat kit, and I'm very pleased with it. It took about 15 minutes, mostly to unbolt the seats and remove them. The 5 large nuts that need to be taken off are 18mm. The kit panels snap right in place, and give the back seat area a very clean look. Now I'll have more room to haul boxes and my cats in their carriers. Who said the Challenger isn't a practical car.
DougT

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Why would you want to remove the rear seat? Are you a racer looking to reduce weight for a class?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Add me to the list who would like to see some pics:bigthumb: I wonder how much weight is saved by removing the rear seats:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Guys,

Sorry to say that I don't know how to post photos. You can see some really good shots of the kit installed on Speedlogix's website.

I don't have a Chinese restaurant, but if I did it would certainly work well for deliveries. It would also work really good for pizza, too.

I installed this kit to give me more usable space behind the seat. The amount of weight saved is minimal, so really the only reason to do this kit is because you want to make a better storage space behind the front seats. I am a cat lover, and often times I need to take two or more of them to the Vet. I can fit 3 cat carriers level on the kit's "shelf" as opposed to setting the carriers at an angle on the factory seats. I can also put two or more good sized boxes on the shelf, and with the fairly large trunk capacity of the Challenger I can use the car as what my wife calls a "shlepmobile."
DougT

·
Registered
177 Posts
That does it. I'm installing a trailer hitch to haul around my pop-up camper and a roof rack to boot.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Why would you want to remove the rear seat? Are you a racer looking to reduce weight for a class?
I wish I had that in my car back when I was 18. Then I would have had a better excuse why I couldn't drive my friends everywhere. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! Happy to hear you like the kit! If you want to email me some pictures I will be happy to post them up for you!!

mikey @ speedlogix.net (just remove the spaces haha)

Why does anyone mod their cars? I mean...it is their car to do as they see fit right? :) Not tryng to be rude...just don't understand when I see that question asked LOL

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I wish I had that in my car back when I was 18. Then I would have had a better excuse why I couldn't drive my friends everywhere. :thumbsup:
Thats why I did a rear seat delete in my old Mustang...after transporting 5 people home in it after a bachelor party and having no room with all the people in there and having to shift with one guys feet in the way.....got old! The next day, the seats came out LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts