Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, does anyone know how to remove the 2 rear reflectors? I got one of the clips loose but do not want to push my luck and end up cracking the plastic. I tried to reach my hand underneath and quickly got nowhere with that. My goal is to nightshade them like the side markers. But don?t trust myself enough to spray them well they are on the car. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
If these are like the side marker lights, in your second picture, you would pull it to the right towards your fingers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are like the side marker lights, in your second picture, you would pull it to the right towards your fingers.

No both pictures are of the rear reflectors. I have already done the sides and know what you mean about sliding it out. But for the rear reflectors i get one side to pop out with a pry tool very easy...but then the other side doesn?t budge and I feel if I try and pop it out I?m going to snap the plastic in half

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,743 Posts
I suspect the other side is the same as the one shown. Did you try the other side first? The trick would be getting them both released at the same time. You'd need to pull out as little as possible, then go to the other side. Keeping it from clicking back in place on the already loosened side would be hard. I masked off and tinted my tail lights with Nite-shades, it can be done ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you can't get them off don't worry about tinting them on the car. I had the same fear of breaking them so I just carefully taped them off and covered the whole back end of the car to prevent any overspray. They came out great, no problems.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,375 Posts
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone is searching, the reflector is held on by a speed nut on one side and the other is a snap-lock type connection.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,898 Posts
Those are Cool looking!

I was going to either do the Luxe tinted ones or try to put a light coat of black plastidip on them, but seeing these, I might give them a try (of course, depending on your review :D)

Have you installed them yet and if so, how do you like them? How hard were they to install?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I want to install them soon, do not want to break original ones. That i why i was asking about them. The sooner i know how to remove the sooner the review :)
I am not sure about connecting the lights, maybe i add a switch so i can turn them off. I have tinted foil now but do not like it because printed branding on original reflectors and side markers are causing bubbles. So i also bought these US $39.59 10% OFF|Voor Dodge Challenger 2015 2019 Smoke Lens Achter Led Zijmarkeringslicht Lamp Rood Licht Ons Versie 2X-in Signaal lamp van Auto´s & Motoren op AliExpress

·
Registered
68 Posts
Let me know how it turns out. It looked like i was going to have to remove the entire rear clip to install mine. I would be interested to know that is not the case.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well i got them out, not the most elegant way. I popped out one side of the reflector by removing the ventilation grille in the trunk. Than i pulled a rope behind the reflector. By pulling the rope i opened the underside (black piece) of the. Now i got access to the nut (M10) and could loose it, bit by bit. Once reflector was removed i pushed under part bumper back into place. Reflector survived. I gonna mount the new led lamp with double sided tape, because i think i cannot get the nut back on. It is late now, i install te new lamp tomorrow.

Adding a double layer of shrinking hose gives enough grip pushing in back into the hole.
Side markers also mounted

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,375 Posts
i don't think this is gonna work with bumper mounted on the car......
What is not going to work? I was just showing how the reflector is attached.

There is no way to get to the nut from the bottom or thru the top with the pressure vent. Best way is just to remove the rear clip. Forcing plastic can cause it to deform permanently and taking the nut off is one thing but putting it on is even more difficult.

Planning on doing it this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts