Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, does anyone know how to remove the 2 rear reflectors? I got one of the clips loose but do not want to push my luck and end up cracking the plastic. I tried to reach my hand underneath and quickly got nowhere with that. My goal is to nightshade them like the side markers. But don?t trust myself enough to spray them well they are on the car. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
If these are like the side marker lights, in your second picture, you would pull it to the right towards your fingers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are like the side marker lights, in your second picture, you would pull it to the right towards your fingers.

No both pictures are of the rear reflectors. I have already done the sides and know what you mean about sliding it out. But for the rear reflectors i get one side to pop out with a pry tool very easy...but then the other side doesn?t budge and I feel if I try and pop it out I?m going to snap the plastic in half

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts
I suspect the other side is the same as the one shown. Did you try the other side first? The trick would be getting them both released at the same time. You'd need to pull out as little as possible, then go to the other side. Keeping it from clicking back in place on the already loosened side would be hard. I masked off and tinted my tail lights with Nite-shades, it can be done ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you can't get them off don't worry about tinting them on the car. I had the same fear of breaking them so I just carefully taped them off and covered the whole back end of the car to prevent any overspray. They came out great, no problems.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone is searching, the reflector is held on by a speed nut on one side and the other is a snap-lock type connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts