Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as I understand it the only way to access the rear seat in our R/T from the driver's side is to s l o w l y move back the seat back with the power seat button. There's no quick release like on the passenger side. All of us who find this aggravating raise your hands!! Am I mising something?

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
You are correct. Annoying isn't it? Thankfully, Chrysler listens to the owners and the new 2011 Challengers have a new seat design. Now they come with a quick release for BOTH seats. Simply pull a lever on the back edge of the seat and it collapses down and the seat disengages from a locked position allowing it to move forward. When folding it back, it assumes the exact same position that it was in before the lever was pulled, so no having to readjust your seat everytime a rear passenger gets in the car. Also, according to Chrysler, the new seats are not compatible with older models, i.e., they are not going to fit unless you start drilling holes.

Interior lights in the roof just above the two head rests are another new thing coming to the Challenger.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Totally agree. The bummer is they fixed this in the 11s. I'm waiting to see someone retrofit this in the 08-10 and the memory seat function as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just yesterday bought my 2011, and this was one of the many reasons I chose to get the 11 over the deeply discounted 2010.

At night the lights appear to be placed perfect when accessing the rear seats.

·
Registered
347 Posts
We are on vacation in Nevada and I checked with the dealer in Pahrump. No sign of any 2011's yet.

What the heck are they waiting for????

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Actually, I don't mind the passenger only rear access at all. You get good at flipping the seat forward.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Since my daughter is all grown up - we never need access the backseat area so it's a no issue for us. Just think, 20 years from now... someone walks up and says, "Your Challenger only has passenger rear seat access and the goat head on the front-end/steering wheel - that's really rare model"...he he

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't mind the way my seats are, or the fact that only the passenger seat flips forward. Is good for the kids to only get in and out on the passenger side of the car.

·
Banned
664 Posts
I don't mind the way my seats are, or the fact that only the passenger seat flips forward. Is good for the kids to only get in and out on the passenger side of the car.
My thoughts exactly, even if my drivers seat did fold? I always made the kids get in on the passenger side. If this was such a burden to me as some go on about, I would buy a 4 door car to tote those kids around.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Actually, I don't mind the passenger only rear access at all. You get good at flipping the seat forward.
Hahaha...I'm right there with ya!!

Anyone who dares ride in the back....can enter on the passenger side. Afterall.....this isn't exactly a car designed with family roadtrips in mind anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts