Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I believe the rear seat is around 30-35lbs. You might drop .03 off your ET from that, maybe.

There are easier ways to shed weight on these cars. You can drop 30lbs by removing the trunk floor liner and tray/compressor underneath. Run 1/4 tank of fuel (1 gallon of gas is around 6lbs). Floor mats are 7lbs. Racestar wheels all around with front skinnies will drop 80lbs of rotational mass off the car. I'm sure the passenger seat is pretty heavy as well, might be worth 35-50lbs there too.

For most street cars (11-14 second range) it takes around 100lbs to drop .10 off the ET.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,240 Posts
Take the passenger seat out and you will probably save more weight, take both passenger and rear seat out and then you would probably pick up a tenth or so.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Trunk liners and underneath tray along with rear seats yielded me about 70 lbs.

Edit: passenger seat weighs 57 lbs and drivers seat weighs about 80. And rear seat removal was really simple.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Trunk liners and underneath tray along with rear seats yielded me about 70 lbs.

Edit: passenger seat weighs 57 lbs and drivers seat weighs about 80. And rear seat removal was really simple.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Good to know, thanks for posting that info!

That sounds about right. The trunk floor liner and tray/compressor was around 30-35lbs I think when I weighed it a while back. The rear seat is around 35lbs so I've heard. That's an easy .03 or so off the ET.

Between removing the rear seat and passenger seat, that's about 90lbs, which would knock off just under a tenth most likely. That's pretty tempting considering what I ran last time! The rear seat doesn't look all that hard to remove but the passenger seat doesn't look so easy.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Rear seat = 40lbs
Passenger seat = 55lbs

Both are easy to remove, passenger seat probably easier and yields more weight reduction. Need an E12 socket to remove passenger seat bolts. Two harnesses underneath seat need to be undone.

Rear seat cushion lifts straight up, two spots, one on each side of the car, lifts right out. Then upper portion split into two pieces, 5 bolts total holding it in place, 18mm socket required. Again very easy to remove.

Your airbag warning light will come on when the passenger seat is removed, but will go off once reinstalled.

I did mine a couple weeks ago, but it didn't yield me any better ET because the track prep sucked on the day I went. Could not hook up at all, even with drag radials at 15psi and massive burnout.

I believe on a day when the track prep is good and I can hook, it would be good for about .08-.1 off the ET as it's 95lbs total.

IMO if you're going to pull the rear seat, pull the passenger one too, it's very easy and only adds another 10-15 minutes of work if you're already pulling the rear. Then you have better access to the rear seat as well.

I would only do this for all out hero runs in good DA and good track prep. Not worth the hassle every time you hit the track. I may attempt it again on a day when I know the track will be prepped well next spring. All done for this year now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts