Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2010 SE that came with no rear spoiler. I'd like to install an SRT style one. Being there are no holes in the deck lid for one, what would I have to do to install it? Am I looking for trouble? I have limited tools. Can someone help me out on how to accomplish this, if it's even possible. If doable, where would be a good place to purchase one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought a used 2010 SE that came with no rear spoiler. I'd like to install an SRT style one. Being there are no holes in the deck lid for one, what would I have to do to install it? Am I looking for trouble? I have limited tools. Can someone help me out on how to accomplish this, if it's even possible. If doable, where would be a good place to purchase one?

on a charger

I haven't installed one on a challenger, but I put on a Jetta with just mounting tape that it came with so I didn't have to drill. It did start falling off after three years so I would suggest drilling. Does the spoiler you are buying pre-drilled?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Does the spoiler you are buying pre-drilled?"

I haven't bought one yet. I don't have much money so it can't be an expensive one. What kind would you suggest I get? Consider me a real green horn when it comes to this 'spoiler' thing. I believe I can do it with a little guidance. All my cars up to this one has been no newer than a 1972 Z28, the last one being a '65 Coronet. Did alot of work on that one.

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
You can get away with just drilling a hole on each end and using tape in the middle. If you open the trunk lid, you will see a round place on each end where the bolt would go through to the spoiler. Definitely measure it up before you drill, because that round area is bigger than it needs to be.

I've been down this road twice before.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Bought this one for less than $100 on eBay. All you have to do is measure and drill the 2 holes into the trunk. Less than an hour job. Not too hard. I’ve done it for a friend who’s challenger didn’t come with a spoiler. Just need to be carful with the measurements. Put painter blue tape before you drill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts