Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a new hellcat hood and next thing up is to replace the car stripes, well I take off the stripes , problem is the trunk someone did some kind of repair and re clear coated up to the stripe. So now I have a paint lip running up the trunk so I talk to my painter guy , he said remove the spoiler and I'll fix the trunk , so I remove the spoiler , what I find under the spoiler is all kinds of rub ,wear marks from the bottom of the spoiler. , it has no foam tape around the outside edge so it's been rubbing to the point where it's down to bar metal in places , my questions are: isn't there supposed to be a foam strip all around the outside edge? If so how wide and thick is it supposed to be ? And where can I buy it? And then also where can I get the 4 double sided strips that hold the middle of the spoiler down? And how thick are those? If anyone has pics of this foam please post ! Thanks for any help ! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1522114369.973037.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1522114389.498454.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1522114409.694640.jpg

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
That’s normal. They foam they used was very tin around the edges. You can get 3M double sided tapes from any hardware store.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s normal. They foam they used was very tin around the edges. You can get 3M double sided tapes from any hardware store.

Thanks , mine had zero foam on it. Maybe it's been replaced once before and they took it all off ! Thanks for the pointers and the pic of yours!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the car out of paint jail on Friday and was able to get her put back together. Glad I had it fixed right. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1523238612.908944.jpg . ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1523238637.853162.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1523238662.196033.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1523238679.376010.jpg

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks great! You made it brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys , I can't tell you how I felt after I took off the stripes to see that clear coat run up to the stripe and then the discoloration that you couldn't see with the stripe there. And then I took off the spoiler and that looked even worse , very happy now tho!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts