Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after lots of research I have opted to go with Petty's rear strut bar. Honestly with everyone saying how the difference isnt always noticeable, I reconsidered the $500 mopar one, and went with Petty's (Go mango to match the car) at $340 with shipping. Speedlogix one looked nice also but $50 for shipping sucks (considering Petty's was $20 for the same method). Much more affordable for what many say is a "show mod"

But to help with this theory that the Brace doesen't really help that much with the handling of the car I have setup a little test. My father is a long time car enthusiast. He's driven my challenger a few times. I am gonna tell him I am making a performance mod to the car and no other information and see if he can identify the change.

That or I am thinking on putting it on, letting him drive it, then removing it and seeing if he can determine a difference.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to provide some valid research.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Also see what kind of max g’s you can handle without it , then with. IMO , it’s just extra unnecessary weight , for little to no benefit. That’s conclusive from numerous tests I’ve seen over at lx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Running the petty’s garage brace here.

I felt an immediate change. Not the biggest difference but works well in conjunctions with other chassis stiffening mods. Also, look for some used. I bought my rear brace in near perfect condition for under $200. These are items people are always recycling off of cars when they trade in their lease or sell.

Careful making the rear end stiffer without doing the same to the front. I had a significant amount of under steer before I dialed in the front and back

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have both and the weld in subframe connectors from Petty's garage. Noticeable improvement on a road course. Can't tell much on the street. Get the subframe connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts