Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Petty's 4 point

Votes: 6 42.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on a rear strut brace. I drive pretty hard in the mountains and I see an occasional track day in my future.

Don't want to sacrifice too much trunk space as the wife and I take the car on long trips a lot.

If anyone has pictures of these in their trunk with the trunk packed, that would be a great reference and help me decide.

Options I'm thinking about are:
1. Mopar Strut brace - due to the removable mid section, but I'm thinking it might not be as stiff because of this. And this one is substantially more expensive.

2. Speedlogix arched 2 point - probably stiffer than the 4 point with the bar removed, and just as stiff with the bar in. But don't know if its worth the extra trunk space as I've heard they have some quality issues.

3. Speedlogix arched 4 point - I like the 4 point with the arch for space and stiffness, probably the stiffest, but again I've heard issues with their quality.

4. Petty's 4 point - I like the Petty brace as I have their front brace and the quality was top notch but I think it'll kill my trunk space too much.

·
Registered
9,667 Posts
My experience is that the Petty 4 point does take a little trunk room, but that you have to learn how to pack differently on trips, and you'll get along just fine. Been on numerous one week road trips with no problems.

IMO, the Petty 4 point is the best design and build on the market. The "X" design really firms up the back of the unibody. Top quality build and fit, with NASCAR quality welds.

Best of luck deciding

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Another vote for the Petty brace. Great quality and design in my opinion. Depending on what you pack in the trunk you may or may not miss the extra space. Tires or large items like that for instance are a no go anymore with it. But bags and low profile items can fit under the X bar and you still have room in front of it for larger things.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Interested in the same thing as the OP some pics of real world packing under the brace would be awsomee.

Also would love to know which one is functionally the best

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interested in the same thing as the OP some pics of real world packing under the brace would be awsomee.

Also would love to know which one is functionally the best
If these companies want to make them fly off the shelves for people that actually use there cars for trips they should take pictures showing the room is still there lol.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If these companies want to make them fly off the shelves for people that actually use there cars for trips they should take pictures showing the room is still there lol.

Yeah well unfortunately we are the minority i mean the challenger trunk is absolutely massive so i dont think ide mind sacrificing putting my guitar in the back seat vs the trunk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah well unfortunately we are the minority i mean the challenger trunk is absolutely massive so i dont think ide mind sacrificing putting my guitar in the back seat vs the trunk
I think it might help with making the wife take less stuff on trips but unlikely :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have the Speedlogix Razors Edge Front, and 4 Point Rear (Non Arched) I highly recommend both of them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also have the Speedlogix Razors Edge 4 Point Rear, arched. Plenty of room for luggage and whatnot. Don't mind the cuts on the trunk liner, being replaced.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Well, I'm biased toward the Petty's since I have one (Speedlogix 4pt in the front). For pure design and functional performance, it sold me as a top performer and no regrets after opening the box. The quality of the welds and fit & finish is stellar. The install was a snap and the results obvious after the first hard drive. I didn't think the loss of space was bad. I keep my rolled up Mopar car cover tucked on top of the brace and it actually works as an advantage as it's not flopping loose. A couple of medium size suitcases would fit fine and there is plenty of 'up' room to stack. Still space for a few small things tucked under the brace too. We travel only a few times a year, so 98% of the time the trunk is empty except for a trunk storage bin.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To those of you with the Petty's brace, could someone measure the distance from the trunk floor to the bar? I would like to see if my main suitcase I use will fit as it looks like there is still a good bit of space.

Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
there is a point to a 2 point brace ,actually 2.seriously ,a 4 point is better but the 2 point works very well and a majority of bars not just for challengers are 2 point.my handling was greatly improved and the rear stays planted for a daily driver it does the job.if my needs change maybe i will switch to a 4 point

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
A 2 point would only prevent minor chassis deflection under heavy stress, and you're not twisting the chassis on a daily, especially not to the point that you can improve handling. Tying the bar to the chassis at a third point adds additional resistance, but the same applies.

I get the placebo effect, and I run front and rear bars, but with OE suspension and handling components in place, they're there to look pretty and support later upgrades.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts