Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2012 rt 6mt with 130k miles
Couple weeks ago I changed the entire front end suspension minus the shocks/ springs
The rubber brushings on the control arms looked like they have dry rotted.
Felt like a brand new car afterwards.
I have been looking into changing the control arms for the rear but the names of the different components are confusing.
I believe there is 4 different control arms for each side.
Can someone tell me the name of the components so I know which ones to buy.
I tried looking it up and on some sites the pictures all look the same.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,483 Posts
Go to this webpage and scroll down the page about halfway (maybe a little more than half), and you will see an exploded illustration of all the components in the rear suspension. Each part is labeled with a number, and each is also listed below the illustration with their proper names according to the associated number from illustration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to this webpage and scroll down the page about halfway (maybe a little more than half), and you will see an exploded illustration of all the components in the rear suspension. Each part is labeled with a number, and each is also listed below the illustration with their proper names according to the associated number from illustration.
thank you for the quick reply :)
I found that pic online
In the pic number 13 and 15 the two upper control arms look almost the same in the pic

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,483 Posts
thank you for the quick reply :)
I found that pic online
In the pic number 13 and 15 the two upper control arms look almost the same in the pic
I hear ya, I’m on my 4th LX and I’ve done the springs and shocks and other suspension components on all of them, even did the rear-end on one of them. But I have never disassembled that mess in the back.

Unhinging the spring link to swap out springs is as far as I’ve gotten into disassembly of that quagmire, and I hate it every time I have to do that.

Which begs the question, are you sure you want to replace all that stuff? It doesn’t take quite the beating from everyday driving like the front.

I would be surprised if all new components back there made enough of a difference to justify all the cost and effort to swap it all out.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
973 Posts
For sure it's confusing, every supplier calls them something different. The parts your interested in are callouts 12, 13, & 15 in the MOPAR catalog Nuke referred to. You may find this Spohn link helpful. You didn't state what your goal is so I'll just ramble a little in hopes of providing something useful. Maybe the 2 most important aspects are 1) the type of isolation at the connection on each end and 2) adjustable or non-adjustable. For isolation, rubber, polyurethane, Delrin, & rod ends are some of the choices. Aftermarket non-adjustable control arms are generally stronger than stock while adjustable provide the ability to change camber etc. In my case, camber on both sides was out of spec in the negative direction leading to excessive wear on the inside of the drag radials. I chose the adjustable Spohn arms to adjust the camber and Delrin bushings for their ability to meet street and strip needs.

Reactions: Nuke
1 - 5 of 5 Posts