Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of research and I'd like the opinion of those who "have gone there before" with some light suspension changes.

I have a 2015 SPS and I have just added an adjustable front Eibach sway bar (most aggressive setting), and a Petty front tower brace. Everything else is stock (with 25k miles) with no plans to lower or anything else. I like the way the car drives and don't feel anything (to me) weird about the rear end. I am a spirited driver with no (no) intentions of drag racing, auto cross or other competition. I want a car that is 1) quiet with few creaks or noises, 2) handles well in the curves 3) maintains ride quality- this is a commuter.

I'm considering a rear tower brace-- either Speedlogix 2 point or Petty. I 'm considering Petty as it has the "Three point" fastening, but I like the Speed logic as the two point does not eat up tons of trunk space.

Now... NEUROTIC TENDENCY.... I Hate the idea of cutting up the trunk liner (I know I can get a new set cheap) but will I WILL do it for a noticeable addition for the car. I read so many conflicting accounts, that I'm confused but hate the idea of cutting things for no real gain. Petty has a template, SL does not... (pretty cheese ball actually).

So,

With my current set up, will a rear brace really make a difference?
SpeedLogix or Petty
Will my car drive funny with a HD front swaybar and a front tower brace, but only stock in the rear.
Will the "better handling" overcome my fear of cutting.

Opinions please from those who have been there!
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
536 Posts
I recently took my rear brace out to get powder coated and could tell a huge difference with it removed. The rear wanted to sway more and when I would get on the throttle I would lose traction. I put the brace back last weekend and it stiffened everything back up so yes it makes a difference.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,901 Posts
IMO, the best 4 point rear brace on the market is the Petty. The "X" design attaches the wheel well area with the body pan to the brace.

Never too much stiffness in any chassis, and these do it well.

Easy fitment, NASCAR quality weldments, nice finish, and templates for liner cut outs are supplied.

Great people to deal with.

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
I'm in the middle of research and I'd like the opinion of those who "have gone there before" with some light suspension changes.

I have a 2015 SPS and I have just added an adjustable front Eibach sway bar (most aggressive setting), and a Petty front tower brace. Everything else is stock (with 25k miles) with no plans to lower or anything else. I like the way the car drives and don't feel anything (to me) weird about the rear end. I am a spirited driver with no (no) intentions of drag racing, auto cross or other competition. I want a car that is 1) quiet with few creaks or noises, 2) handles well in the curves 3) maintains ride quality- this is a commuter.

I'm considering a rear tower brace-- either Speedlogix 2 point or Petty. I 'm considering Petty as it has the "Three point" fastening, but I like the Speed logic as the two point does not eat up tons of trunk space.

Now... NEUROTIC TENDENCY.... I Hate the idea of cutting up the trunk liner (I know I can get a new set cheap) but will I WILL do it for a noticeable addition for the car. I read so many conflicting accounts, that I'm confused but hate the idea of cutting things for no real gain. Petty has a template, SL does not... (pretty cheese ball actually).

So,

With my current set up, will a rear brace really make a difference?
SpeedLogix or Petty
Will my car drive funny with a HD front swaybar and a front tower brace, but only stock in the rear.
Will the "better handling" overcome my fear of cutting.

Opinions please from those who have been there!
View attachment 1011183
Stunning ride, Bill!

- Alexis

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alexis-

I did go with the Speed Logix 2 point brace. Alexis was SUPER helpful and accommodated me nicely. I got the wrinkle black brace as I want the piece to "blend in" a bit more and the extra space was key.

The brace should arrive Thursday and install on Friday-- I took the day for the project!.

Yes, Alexis, I'm going to work on a template for you guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Alexis-

I did go with the Speed Logix 2 point brace. Alexis was SUPER helpful and accommodated me nicely. I got the wrinkle black brace as I want the piece to "blend in" a bit more and the extra space was key.

The brace should arrive Thursday and install on Friday-- I took the day for the project!.

Yes, Alexis, I'm going to work on a template for you guys!
Hey Bill, if you have this installed now and have a spare moment I’ve been wondering how many inches from the trunk floor to the bottom end of the brace is and wondering if you don’t mind measuring it. I have a subwoofer in the trunk and just concerned about clearance. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marll,

The bottom on the brace to the carpet is about 36cm and the width of the bar (before the curve down to the tower) is about 68cm wide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts