Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked one million times, but I need help. I have a 2014 SRT challenger 6.4 6sp, and I dynoed at 784 RWH. I have Nitto Nt05/315 40 20 and can not get traction to save my life, I need help this must stay a street car but I can run R series tires. I am contemplating MT/R with 17 inch rim, but I need a good rim at a reasonable price. I will take used rims but if it works out, but I would like the option to match the front. Six months ago I bought demon replica rims all the way around and I thought the Nitto's would work, nope. please let me know what to do I live in Florida and don't know where to turn, I m even contemplating going to an automatic just for the traction.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,511 Posts
I know this has been asked one million times, but I need help. I have a 2014 SRT challenger 6.4 6sp, and I dynoed at 784 RWH. I have Nitto Nt05/315 40 20 and can not get traction to save my life, I need help this must stay a street car but I can run R series tires. I am contemplating MT/R with 17 inch rim, but I need a good rim at a reasonable price. I will take used rims but if it works out, but I would like the option to match the front. Six months ago I bought demon replica rims all the way around and I thought the Nitto's would work, nope. please let me know what to do I live in Florida and don't know where to turn, I m even contemplating going to an automatic just for the traction.
That’s an awful lot of power to expect to maintain traction on the street. What about a higher geared rear-end? I’m assuming you have a 3.90 in it now, what about a 2.65 rear-end?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that, but its hard to find for a 2014 rear end. I can't believe there aren't people on this forum with a manual with the same problems I'm having.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
433 Posts
What suspension mods have you done?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd start with lower control arms and 1320 drag springs for the rear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you notice a real improvement in traction? I was thinking about doing the demon springs front and rear.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'll let you know after my install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts