Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

While I've been patiently awaiting the arrival of my Borla Cat-back side exhaust system, I've been pondering ways to deal with the exhaust cutouts in the rear valence once the new system has been installed.

1) A common thing I am hearing is to just go with an SE valence, but I think it would make the rear look a bit bland. Or create plastic plugs for the cut-outs (something I can do).
2) Another option would be to remove the rear valence completely and paint the trunk pan black so it's not so obvious.
3) Cut a portion of the valence off with a dremel tool to create a straight cut-out from the inside of each exhaust tip exit (see pic below - yellow line).
4) Been looking into someone who had moulded a custom valence but nothing that I can find.

The thing is, I don't want it to look like an SE from the back. Surely there are more creative offerings out there.

Any ideas, thoughts, opinion appreciated. :werd:

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am in the same process right now! i am not going to run side exit exhaust in front of the tire but just behind it using modified Blastin Bobs resonator deletes shortened and turned out and down. Therefore I am pondering the same thing with the valance. based on its support to the trunk floor it creates issues if you just remove it. I like the look of the concept rear end the angle of the lower rear quarter and narrower top to bottom looks so much better! I think what I have decided is to cut the valance just above the exhaust cut outs and follow it around at an angle to just removing roughly half from the sides. Fab up two mounts on the inner side of where the cut outs were to keep bumper cover supported and mold it together and blend it in body color. Along with painting rockers! By leaving some of the facia you can leave yourself material to make the attatchment points nearly nonvisable. Do you have any more thought out ideas yourself...curious. I am a week away from cutting!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did notice that Cervinis has a rear valence cover for their side exhaust system, but it's part of the whole package. I am going to check with them to see if they sell the rear valence cover separately.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts