Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Scat Pack has this vibrating noise when I press on the gas while the car is in MDS (4cyl) mode. It usually happens when it is cold out but it is driving me nuts. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
170 Posts
Yes, I believe it is the torque converter.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Do you get the same noise if you disable MDS and subject the car to the same operating conditions?

My time with my Scat Pack and its MDS was very limited but I seem to recall one had to be a bit more gentle with the throttle when MDS was active. That mode is primarily for steady throttle operation not for any real acceleration.

Last but not least you using the right octane grade of gasoline? Have you tried another brand of gasoline?

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
My 2019 Scat Pack has this vibrating noise when I press on the gas while the car is in MDS (4cyl) mode. It usually happens when it is cold out but it is driving me nuts. Anyone else have this issue?
Hi grantbalint, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi grantbalint, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares
Are use 93 octane gas from Costco which is one of the top brand so I don’t think it’s the gas. Besides, it’s coming from the rear end almost as though it’s coming from the trunk area. I don’t think it’s the torque converter because that would sound like it’s right underneath my ass.
and yes it only happens when the MDS is engaged. When I put it in sport motor track mode I do not hear it

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Are use 93 octane gas from Costco which is one of the top brand so I don’t think it’s the gas. Besides, it’s coming from the rear end almost as though it’s coming from the trunk area. I don’t think it’s the torque converter because that would sound like it’s right underneath my ass.
and yes it only happens when the MDS is engaged. When I put it in sport motor track mode I do not hear it
Ok. Probably not fuel related.

It sort of reads like it is drive train related but why you would hear the noise with MDS engaged and not at other times with the same style of driving I can't explain. At the back of the car could be something as benign as a loose exhaust system, too.

The car is just a 2019 so obviously it is still very new. My advice if you hear something or there is anything about the car that causes you to worry about the car take the car in. The car has a warranty. You paid for this when you bought the car. Your job is to be able to describe how to reliably reproduce the behavior that is troubling you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts