Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's late, I'll edit this tomorrow, for now, shaazam, jacks up the look of the car, couldn't be happier... If any tape doesn't stick, which I had 2 that needed replacing, the Scotch, extreme adhesion, double sided is the best. Cured my momentary problem. Also, the top edge of the louver, needs to be over the glass edge and touch the roof close, for what I think is the perfect fit. There will not be a conflict with the trunk opening all the way, if done properly.
Last but not least, and I would consider this before putting it on. When I remove everything, clean the back window and put it back on, which I will do one day. I am only peeling the 2 bottom sticky pads, align top perfectly as described above, press 2 lower sticky pads in place to get the position. Then remove louver, peel the rest and use the 2 lower bolts and go bottom up when applying. I found that the top alignment, position is critical and with 9 all sticky, even with another guy, it stuck by accident in the wrong place, that was a nuisance. Ie., Have that scotch double sided roll for that and to replace any sticking problems.
My 2 cents...
image.jpg
Screenshot_20200619-062635.png
Screenshot_20200618-055406~2.png
0618201744_HDR.jpg
0617201727_HDR~2.jpg
0617202025.jpg
Screenshot_20200620-144551.png
0618201737b_HDR.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,964 Posts
Looks great- gives your Challenger that "old school" look. I had rear louvers on my 1971 'Cuda.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, you've got to get them now, it's quite an appearance change in one move. Usually something added blends in as an accent. This is the way it was and how it is now kind of change. I'm going to order some unique side louvers, hold them up, decide if it adds to the appearance or detracts, if it detracts or strong neutral, I'll just send them back..
Take it easy

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,202 Posts
I run the MP ones in Matte Black on my 2018 Challenger T/A....blends in nicely with the matte on the rest of the car.

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wanted something different and installed a Glass Skin Louver, pretty good vision out the back and the break light shines through the Glass Skin logo
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Very nice color as I like the Go Mango too. But will probably end up with white as that color is more forgiving in paint blemishes, swirls, (things encountered in a daily driving car) stays cooler in sunny climates in that it reflects the heat unlike black or darker colors which absorbs the heat/sun rays.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of color, I agree, your red stands out..I have high octane red, 2014 100th anniversary limited edition. My question is, is the high octane red still a production dodge color, I know it was introduced as the flagship color for 100th anniversary....just curious..
0617201749b_HDR.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
Speaking of color, I agree, your red stands out..I have high octane red, 2014 100th anniversary limited edition. My question is, is the high octane red still a production dodge color, I know it was introduced as the flagship color for 100th anniversary....just curious..

View attachment 996525
There is a current Octane Red color, but it is different.

High Octane Red was paint code PRR

Octane Red paint code is PRV

While the High Octane Red 2014 color had been used on previous Chrysler cars (Called Paprika Red), it was only used on the 2014 100th Challenger

A Guy

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I would be interested to know if red paints of today on new vehicles are still prone to fading just like old yellow cars. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
I suppose if left exposed to sun and weather constantly. Pollution, UV rays, caustic cleaners, salt and slurries

Newer clear coat paint jobs are quite different than days of old (when I was younger). I do still see many cars with horrible paint degradation

This is not just exposure, but lack of maintenance. Never washed/waxed, etc. It seems pretty common, but frankly I don't know how anyone could neglect their car so badly

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,912 Posts
I don't believe any colors fade more than others, more vibrant colors would seem to fade more, but it's the way your eye sees it. Just as black cars seem to slow swirls more, it's a matter of how the light reflects to your eyes. With modern clear coat having UV inhibitors, the base coat color should not fade if maintained. And if the clear coat gets swirled, if not too deep, it can be polished to return the glass that keeps it from appearing faded.

If your concern is which color to get, other than how much is shows dust, etc. Get whichever color calls to you. Many will not get black because you have to be crazy be diligent in keeping it clean. That I can understand, it is a job, but if you have the patience, it's rewarding

A Guy

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't believe any colors fade more than others, more vibrant colors would seem to fade more, but it's the way your eye sees it. Just as black cars seem to slow swirls more, it's a matter of how the light reflects to your eyes. With modern clear coat having UV inhibitors, the base coat color should not fade if maintained. And if the clear coat gets swirled, if not too deep, it can be polished to return the glass that keeps it from appearing faded.

If your concern is which color to get, other than how much is shows dust, etc. Get whichever color calls to you. Many will not get black because you have to be crazy be diligent in keeping it clean. That I can understand, it is a job, but if you have the patience, it's rewarding

A Guy
Yes I will never get a black on black car. It gets too hot and every little blemish shows. Very difficult to see driving black car at night where the fender ends. Swirls are unforgiving in the color black. Red too I notice in cars alot of swirls. It maybe just that the color red and black are higher maintenance colors vs. white and silver colors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts