Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 80% in on putting rear window louvers on my Pitch Black Shaker to give it more of that old muscle car look! Loving the way some louvers look on Challengers. Anyone have/thinking about getting?
Please provide pictures if so

1) Looking for recommendations on a specific brand that would fit my '16 and look good.
2) Pricing
3) Those currently with louvers any problems?
3) I'm also planning on adding tints around the vehicle, is there still a point of adding the dark tint (5%) to the rear window in addition to adding the louver?

·
Registered
274 Posts
About 80% in on putting rear window louvers on my Pitch Black Shaker to give it more of that old muscle car look! Loving the way some louvers look on Challengers. Anyone have/thinking about getting?

Please provide pictures if so

1) Looking for recommendations on a specific brand that would fit my '16 and look good.

2) Pricing

3) Those currently with louvers any problems?

3) I'm also planning on adding tints around the vehicle, is there still a point of adding the dark tint (5%) to the rear window in addition to adding the louver?

I've been thinking about putting a louver on my '15. I've been doing some research and they don't impair you vision out the back window at all. It's really up to you to tint it or not but they do look badass IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Nah it would'nt be live no more anyhow if I did, bought them originally a couple years ago for my "14 model and pulled them off when I traded it in.
well darn, thanks anyways, hopefully I can find it online.

Saving your picture for reference.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ordered the bolt-on ones from Dales yesterday, they say they will ship out today. From what I've seen in all the searches I did on this forum, they seem to be by far the best. Not cheapest, but best. $716 shipped.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've been looking at Dale's as well and may order today. He says he's got two left right now. I've read I believe most of the posts concerning the 3M tape not holding up to the heat an the reluctance of some concerning drilling. Just gonna throw this out there. 3M Panel Bond 2-part adhesive is wicked stuff. I believe if I get the louvers I will apply this under the hinge against the roof. No tape, no screws. Panel bond is used by body shops to adhere body panels nowadays in lieu of welding. I use this adhesive a lot when building custom fairings, saddlebags and fenders for custom Harley baggers. The only thing is, once cured (12 hours) the hinges will never be able to be removed. Yes, it is that strong but certainly will keep the louvers in place and no holes will get drilled. Thought I'd give my two cents worth. If I go with louvers, they'll certainly be from DCS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been looking at Dale's as well and may order today. He says he's got two left right now. I've read I believe most of the posts concerning the 3M tape not holding up to the heat an the reluctance of some concerning drilling. Just gonna throw this out there. 3M Panel Bond 2-part adhesive is wicked stuff. I believe if I get the louvers I will apply this under the hinge against the roof. No tape, no screws. Panel bond is used by body shops to adhere body panels nowadays in lieu of welding. I use this adhesive a lot when building custom fairings, saddlebags and fenders for custom Harley baggers. The only thing is, once cured (12 hours) the hinges will never be able to be removed. Yes, it is that strong but certainly will keep the louvers in place and no holes will get drilled. Thought I'd give my two cents worth. If I go with louvers, they'll certainly be from DCS.
I'm not sure how something that can never be removed is better than drilling a few holes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts