Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, gonna try this for the 3rd time. Coming up unable to send anything because site is under construction. It seems that everything else works.

Okay, having trouble getting rid of these stains on the back windshield. I tried Invisible Glass, Bon Ami and a clay bar bar- so far nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions...hate to start buffing on the glass if I don't have to.

Odd that on my 2010 it was the front glass, now on the 17 its the rear glass...I guess you can't use your defroster. It seems this happened when I had it on. Who knows?

Don't know what is in this modern glass, but on my 66 car, there are no issues whatsoever, and that old. LOL.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL, I see I have a few grammar issues.........I think the miller lite is kicking in...........I think you guys get the point.

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
LOL, I see I have a few grammar issues.........I think the miller lite is kicking in...........I think you guys get the point.

Rich
So, like the whole window?? A huge spot, or a little one I can't see?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
it looks like you get some fogging / residue on the outside around the defogger grid lines?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,770 Posts
My question was going to be, inside or outside?

A Guy

·
Registered
598 Posts
Interesting. I have a 2011 and my rear window is perfect. I only have 35,200 miles on it and I've used the rear defroster about 3 times.

I'd say to try some mineral spirits but I'm not sure what it would do to the defrost lines.

·
Super Moderator
14,220 Posts
I don't know what's going on with your rear glass, but mine (on my 2009 SRT) was apparently defective. It shattered in 97 degree heat and I had to get it replaced by Safelite several years ago.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had streaks on my windshield and rear window (both outside) on my 2014 when I bought it (new). I just thought the glass needed to be Windexed (yes, I made Windexed a verb) and didn't worry about it when doing the paperwork at the dealership. Anyway, long story short...., I tried lots of things (including clay bars) but finally got them removed by using Groit's glass polisher with an orbital electric buffer. Glass has been crystal clear ever since. I actually did the glass on my wife's car and our Suburban too. To this day I have no idea what caused the stains. Good Luck.. :smile:

·
Registered
70 Posts
It looks like tint lifting away from the defrost filaments. I usually see this on cars that are in the hot sun a lot, but Oshkosh shouldn't have that much heat. It might rub out, but be careful with the ammonia based cleaners if you have tint.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You sure it is not on the inside of the glass?
It looks like tint lifting away from the defrost filaments. I usually see this on cars that are in the hot sun a lot, but Oshkosh shouldn't have that much heat. It might rub out, but be careful with the ammonia based cleaners if you have tint.
Wow, didn't think I would get this much action on this one..........Was gonna order that ceriglass polish from car pro, but thought I might give Chally Tatum idea a shot............took long enough to climb into that back seat...........threw on some rain x cleaner, ahhhhhhh seemed to clean this up pretty good..........just cant believe it was from the inside, Really easy to see in the sun yesterday, sun only popped out a few times today but its looking good.

Slash, your right , its been in the 20"s all week, the sun isn't doing anything to that windshield. LOL

Just out of curiosity, why would that show up in the inside of the car..........I only used the de-froster a few times this winter.

Took a few pics, clouldy out, but you cannot see those stains above the defroster lines now.

Once again, thanks for the help guys.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
It's possible that when you use the rear defroster the frost liquifies and mixes with dust that collected on the window. When the liquid water dries you get the coffee stain effect. :dunno:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's possible that when you use the rear defroster the frost liquifies and mixes with dust that collected on the window. When the liquid water dries you get the coffee stain effect. :dunno:
Chally..............are we talking about the inside of the window.........I get the part where the frost liquefies, this shouldn't be affecting the inside though........should it. LOL

Anyways whatever happened, looks all good to go now.........maybe its best just not to know.

Rich

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Chally..............are we talking about the inside of the window.........I get the part where the frost liquefies, this shouldn't be affecting the inside though........should it. LOL

Anyways whatever happened, looks all good to go now.........maybe its best just not to know.

Rich
I get frost on the inside as well which is what I was referring to.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Or ya could quit smoking in the car. hahaha

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,770 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts