Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
IMO rebates just get people in the dealership looking. Truth is if you cant get a dealer to come 10-12% off a sticker you need to walk away.

My friend just bought a new srt and the dealer tried to say that dodge didnt deal on srt and they would only go 1500 below sticker, he walked and the next day they called and took his offer at almost 6000 below sticker.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Damn, people think that much of Chrysler. They have a long way to go still before people start respecting Chrysler (FCA).

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
It's an R/T so you think it would offer the rebates but nothing official from Dodge and the question has been asked before. They have said that the Gas Guzzler Tax will apply to the 6.4-liter and 392.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Since the 392 hemi is no longer a "SRT" and now a RT do you think it will have rebates?

I guess I missed that... the 392 is no longer an SRT8?

If not, there is no way of predicting what they will or will not have rebates on in the future.

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
There are some pretty sweet incentives on the Dodge Journey right now, maybe buy one of those if it's incentives that float your boat :icon_razz:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I guess I missed that... the 392 is no longer an SRT8?

If not, there is no way of predicting what they will or will not have rebates on in the future.
the 392 will be offered in a non SRT version for the 2015 year, there is speculation that there will be a SRT branded 392 (premium) and a 6.2L SC Hellcat version

·
Registered
104 Posts
i take with grain of salt people say lots of stuff there totally off when it finally comes to light. i guess with SRT non core you get shocks that are adjustable with a button other then that i don't see a real different between the 2015 RT 392 and the SRT non core. i still think the Shaker blows the looks of SRT out of the water especially in header orange. which they are not making in 2015.
i don't like the wide opening on new 2015 the ones before look better i even prefer the break lights more with older style now but i i wish Dodge would offers them in LED by now they did it with Charger so what not Challenger? but i do love new interior and 8 speed auto that is now faster then the manual. I have questions with auto can you feel the shift points and also is there setting where eyou manual shift it without it shifting on it's own?
Also back in 70s there was no SRT they were all RTs seven with bigger engines. I mean the new Scatt Pack for 2015 that car is pretty amazing looking.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
The shift point are hard to feel when the transmission is running in the automatic mode.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is the MSRP of a base Scat Pack w/392 Engine going to be? You don't even know that yet either and you are already speculating on rebates?
It doesn't matter what the price is going to be. The fact is, it will be a RT. There are rebates on the current RT but none on the SRT8. What does it matter if I speculate now or later?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would imagine there would be rebates. I know for ENCS the rebates for the SRT pretty much went away in 2009/2010 and its been $500 ever since. The RT can get rebates up for $4500 off.

ENCS is Military Car Sales for members stationed overseas.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Chryoser has never a ton of cars like camero and mustangs.

They sold like 30,000 challengers in one year while Ford built close to half a million Mustangs, besides it only makes it more valuable if supply is smaller.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Yeah Mustang did have a few great sales years when they sold all those cars (record was 1966 with 607,568 cars sold), but that was the first few years with almost no competition and sales steadily dropped as other cars moved into their market. Lately, things are much closer and over the last 5 years, Mustang averages about 76,000 cars per year to the Challenger's 39,000. As of July 2013, Mustang sales were down 22% while Challenger was up 18%. We will see what the redesigns do for sales but Mustang sales have been trending flat or backwards while Challenger has been increasing every year. In 2013, Challenger had it's best year ever with 51,462 cars sold, Mustang checked in with 77,186 and Camaro led the pack with 80,567 sold. No Mustang domination here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts