Dodge Challenger Forum banner

181 - 200 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts

10k? I think 8k is too high. 6k seems like a fair price. Okay, you twisted my arm, I'll do 4k. Here's your check for 2k.
Those drive trains go for 30k, on a pallet. Since they are not even going to take the time to do that and I have to disassemble the stuff myself and hope everything is okay, pull the harness, and scrap the rest, I figure that is at least 20k of my time.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Those drive trains go for 30k, on a pallet. Since they are not even going to take the time to do that and I have to disassemble the stuff myself and hope everything is okay, pull the harness, and scrap the rest, I figure that is at least 20k of my time.
Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you. I just found it funny they want the price of a used hellcat for what's essentially half a non-running one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im with Guy, buff and touch up paint. Lol
Careful your going to upset the people who cant fix cars and they will say its not valuable or just go buy one done. Lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Theres no price on it. Est value is not what it will sell for. If it had buy it now then youd know. I buy from this auction. Get good deals at times. Problem is all the fees they charge also. Gate fee. Internet fee( cant go there and bid either) buyers fee. Crazy fees. It will probably go for 12-15k depending how bad someone wants it. Get a couple of bidders and they will run price up way too high.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I agree. The fees are pretty stupid
Theres no price on it. Est value is not what it will sell for. If it had buy it now then youd know. I buy from this auction. Get good deals at times. Problem is all the fees they charge also. Gate fee. Internet fee( cant go there and bid either) buyers fee. Crazy fees. It will probably go for 12-15k depending how bad someone wants it. Get a couple of bidders and they will run price up way too high.
i agree the fees are pretty stupid and it’s definitely a good idea to learn all fees before you buy but it is nice not having to have a license to buy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #189 (Edited)
  • If it were me buying I wouldn’t pay more than 30,000-35,000 including what it costs to fix up. That’s if that is exacly the car I wanted and knew exacly what was wrong with it and could do all the work myself. 35,000 miles seems like a lot for hellcat and especially not knowing what kind of life it had. I mean who has enough self control to drive one for thirty thousand miles and not drive it like you stole it? If you are one I applaud you!! I did a car fax on my car and learned it was only owned for three months and had seven thousand miles dealer oil changes and more importantly the tires wore completely the same from the front to back. Those kind of things are important to me

·
Registered
199 Posts
Me too. My donor car was a '15. Had only 25k miles in 4 years. Even found previous owners # and talked to him. Nice to see im not the only one who looks at tires and wear to help figure out condition.
The hc was probably driven a little rough. Look at it. That accident wasnt from being babied unfortunately. Im sure if we could get a good look at the rear tires we would see wear.
Ive got the use of a dealer license. Company i work for buys regularly from there and iaa. If car is in a tampa lot i go there and check them. I know the guy who runs the outside so it gives me a little leeway on certain things.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
564 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
You can definitely tell the builder guys from the buyer guys in this forum. Lol
Haha ain’t that the truth. My hope is maybe I can convert at least one! And for sure I’m going to check out your thread and probably learn a thing or two. I also have a lot of respect for grease monkeys for their abilities and because my grandpa was a gm mechanic for a long time and was pretty close to him and wouldn’t be who I am without him

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Sad part is most of the buyers probably dont own a car theyre driving. The bank does. Yet they want to talk about value and whats worth it or not.
I fail to see how having a loan bars someone from possessing or obtaining financial knowledge.

Just because I don't own the air I breathe doesn't mean I can't tell you to that smelling your own farts isn't a good long term investment.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Its not financial knowledge. Its when guys post saying we should just go out and buy a car done. The value to me is being able to build a car the way i envision it regardless of what its worth on paper. Anyone can go to the auction buy one damaged and park it in a garage and start to build it. Thats the value. Go back to the beginning of this thread. Look at the guys who said buy one done. Now look at the progress hes done. The value is information not $$.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Its not financial knowledge. Its when guys post saying we should just go out and buy a car done. The value to me is being able to build a car the way i envision it regardless of what its worth on paper. Anyone can go to the auction buy one damaged and park it in a garage and start to build it. Thats the value.
No one said not to do it, just don't come online pretending your car will end up as a collector's item in auction one day to justify and validate your work.

181 - 200 of 401 Posts