Dodge Challenger Forum banner

241 - 260 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
I'm late to the thread ..... WOW! Great job of sticking to your dream. Looks like you're getting real close to being on the road with a 100% complete Challenger T/A.

If there's a local Vo-Tech high school, they might be able/willing to do the AC charge as a teaching moment for their students.

BTW .... I'd stick with the 1234yf simply because that's what a shop will try to use to charge the system in the future. Thinking long-term .... When you pass the car down, there's no guarantee that your family will (a) want to do the work themselves and (b) won't know/remember that you changed the type of freon.

Again .... awesome build. Regardless of title status, you'll have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. And your family will have the story to tell for all time .... "Remember when Tyler rebuilt that wrecked Challenger T/A!"
Hey glad you like it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #242 (Edited)
Update* government is absolutely useless. I called this morning to get the vin inspected. The only place to do it is an hour away and they only do for half a day once a month. Guess what day they are doing it? Yep.... I had to take a half a day off scramble to get a one day tag put everything together stamp rebuilt from salvage on the door jam and make it to Limon before noon. Made it in the nick of time and guess what? I didn’t have the form that the dmv was suppose to give me but the dmv said I just needed the title and reciepts. **** ****ity **** ****!!!!! On the bright side I am here at a dodge dealer having them take a look at the airbag light and probably 100 other codes it has and got to take her on her maiden voyage.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Update* government is absolutely useless. I called this morning to get the vin inspected. The only place to do it is an hour away and they only do for half a day once a month. Guess what day they are doing it? Yep.... I had to take a half a day off scramble to get a one day tag put everything together stamp rebuilt from salvage on the door jam and make it to Limon before noon. Made it in the nick of time and guess what? I didn’t have the form that the dmv was suppose to give me but the dmv said I just needed the title and reciepts. ** ***ity * ****!!!!! On the bright side I am here at a dodge dealer having them take a look at the airbag light and probably 100 other codes it has and got to take her on her maiden voyage. View attachment 985001
What is that? I-70 east?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sucks the inspection is like that there. We send pics in, receipts, copy of bill of sale, title then get an appointment.
The freon you can change back when price drops on the 1234. Was the same way with r12& 134. Govt hand in it.
Get the codes for air bag system and ill try to help you with them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Sucks the inspection is like that there. We send pics in, receipts, copy of bill of sale, title then get an appointment.
The freon you can change back when price drops on the 1234. Was the same way with r12& 134. Govt hand in it.
Get the codes for air bag system and ill try to help you with them.
I think I died a little bit on the inside

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
This will help. Was 85 here today.
  1. I’m just gonna feel sorry for myself today. Tomorrow I will go honey badger like I usually do and figure out how to get a certified vin inspection sooner than a month. I’m pretty torn about which direction to go with the ac. Obviously it’s not a coincidence that the new stuff costs twice as much, 134 will be banned by the federal government you have to buy all new equipment to work on them and will also not be as efficient. But on the other hand it’s not like the government to make it that easy to get around their rules I like my things factory spec and I’m not knowledgeable enough to understand how the systems are different and how 134 will react in the new system and I don’t want to experiment on my baby.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
676 Posts
West. I live in Burlington on the Kansas border
I’ve made a few delivery runs to CO recently....and generally try to get a cattle trailer from Merritt Trailers in Henderson, CO as a return haul. I recall a Burlington exit as I passed through the last time....there was a Love’s that I stopped at for fuel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
I also learned two things about my car and two things about me today.
1. The valves that control the exhaust notes are not responding
2. When I give the 392 gas I feel the motor raise and when I let off i feel it come down. It is subtle but I feel it and not sure if that is normal? (It is first on my list to ceck out)
3. I forgot to plug in the driver side seat belt throwing the air bag light
4. I’m an idiot

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #254 (Edited)
I’ve made a few delivery runs to CO recently....and generally try to get a cattle trailer from Merritt Trailers in Henderson, CO as a return haul. I recall a Burlington exit as I passed through the last time....there was a Love’s that I stopped at for fuel.
If you want to be cool you call them cattle pots! I’m no stranger to a big rig. I haul corn all over the country in a 379 15 speed Pete with 550 horse straight piped. Sleeping beauty is unlike anything i have ever driven and have not yet figured out what gear I am in. Yes there is a loves here and there is always a bum at a loves making more money than any of us.

·
Registered
271 Posts
When you feel the motor raise thats motor mount. Heres a way to check.
Open hood, get in car and start.
Put in drive, while still holding brake give it gas. Not enough to spin the tires but enough to pull against brakes. Watch motor and see if it rises.
Then do same in reverse.
This will tell you which mount is broke.
Best to change both, but not necessary. More then likely drivers is broke. Like 65.00 each from dealer

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
676 Posts
If you want to be cool you call them cattle pots! Yes there is a loves here and there is always a bum at a loves making more money than any of us
Yeah....I’ve heard that term before. I guess I’m just not cool. :LOL:
It is cool, however, getting that transport fee at drop off. (y)
8A306EA1-C8F1-4003-B4E6-E98A03D2E234.jpeg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
When you feel the motor raise thats motor mount. Heres a way to check.
Open hood, get in car and start.
Put in drive, while still holding brake give it gas. Not enough to spin the tires but enough to pull against brakes. Watch motor and see if it rises.
Then do same in reverse.
This will tell you which mount is broke.
Best to change both, but not necessary. More then likely drivers is broke. Like 65.00 each from dealer
I am almost positive it is a motor mount. She died as much as she liked getting going. Part of it was me but part was not getting that big block getting power to the ground

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Yeah....I’ve heard that term before. I guess I’m just not cool. :LOL:
It is cool, however, getting that transport fee at drop off. (y)
View attachment 985030
I thought you were taking about hauling a merrit semi trailer!. I literally lived in a house built around a feedlot for a year. Pet raccoon, fox and everything. I have a couple friends who drag cattle pots and that might be a cattle tea pot 😂. I’m kidding that’s for ranchers to haul their cattle. Anytime you are town let me know I’ll buy you dinner

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #259 (Edited)
No one said not to do it, just don't come online pretending your car will end up as a collector's item in auction one day to justify and validate your work.
If you want to know an original mint numbers matching one year Challenger TA just sold at Barrett Jackson for less than 50,000 grand at the classic car auction. With inflation that is about the original sticker price and it is legally considered a classic car. It’s not about making money it’s about the passion and the love that you have for YOUR car. Either it is a way to get from a to b or it is something more. That is what us car guys have been trying to say. GMC jimmys go for more than rare one year original t/a dodge challengers. Your car is worth what someone is willing to pay and in the classic car community that is more true than ever. If they made a movie with a cool 2019 plum crazy 392 doing cool things rich people would pay a lot more than what it’s worth

·
Registered
271 Posts
I honestly think praisev8 will never understand. Look over his comments and most are negative. Hell he told me others have installed the new dash in pre '15 cars yet when i ask "who " i get nothing in return.
Some will never understand i guess.

241 - 260 of 545 Posts