Dodge Challenger Forum banner

261 - 280 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
If you want to know an original mint numbers matching one year Challenger TA just sold at Barrett Jackson for less than 50,000 grand at the classic car auction. With inflation that is about the original sticker price and it is legally considered a classic car. It’s not about making money it’s about the passion and the love. That is what us car guys have been trying to say. GMC jimmys go for more than rare one year original t/a dodge challengers. Your car is worth what someone is willing to pay and in the classic car community that is more true than ever. If they made a movie with a cool 2019 plum crazy 392 doing cool things rich people would pay a lot more than what it’s worth
No, I understand, I'm just saying don't user that to justify what you're doing.

Do what you want because you want to do it, and not because you think it will have any value to anyone but yourself in the future.

A lot of people here need to drop the victim complex and stop acting like anything negative anyone says is a transgression against their very nature and way of life.

I honestly think praisev8 will never understand. Look over his comments and most are negative. Hell he told me others have installed the new dash in pre '15 cars yet when i ask "who " i get nothing in return.
Some will never understand i guess.
Most are negative because you keep taking me out of context. Sorry, I ain't your mama here to pat you on the head and tell you you're a good boy.

I'm not going to go digging through 3 years of forum posts and history for your benefit, go find it yourself, you lazy git.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
@praiseV8 Git haha that is original and my new favorite insult right after idget. You keep saying it is worthless but that’s simply not the case. It is worth less yes but not worthless

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
@praiseV8 Git haha that is original and my new favorite insult right after idget. You keep saying it is worthless but that’s simply not the case. It is worth less yes but not worthless
Again, to anyone but yourself.

@Chllngrswpr can say whatever he wants, he'd never buy that car from you for what you believe it's worth.

Speaking of which, don't say I never do anything for you gramps:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Again, to anyone but yourself.

@Chllngrswpr can say whatever he wants, he'd never buy that car from you for what you believe it's worth.

Speaking of which, don't say I never do anything for you gramps:

🤦‍♂️ You don’t even know what I would sell it for and @Chllngrswpr wouldn’t buy it because he’s doing the exact same thing. There are places everywhere that sell salvaged and repaired from salvage cars. Used Cars for Sale Strasburg ND 58573 Ken's Auto Inc. and that’s all I’m saying about that

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hell im proud to be a GIT, gifted individual technician. Thats me for sure.
If i wanted to buy his car i would, but i build them the way i see them. You stick to the bank and the dealer praisev8. Only way you will ever get a car.
I breezed thru your posts. Just so i know the type of person you are. The kind that hangs between a mans legs. Read how you wanted the dealer to drop everything and diag your key fob issue. Doesnt work that way, sorry. Reason for appointments is so us techs can fix cars not drop everything were doing to look at an igits car for nothing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #269 (Edited)
If i wanted to buy his car i would, but i build them the way i see them. You stick to the bank and the dealer praisev8. Only way you will ever get a car.
I breezed thru your posts. Just so i know the type of person you are. The kind that hangs between a mans legs. Read how you wanted the dealer to drop everything and diag your key fob issue. Doesnt work that way, sorry. Reason for appointments is so us techs can fix cars not drop everything were doing to look at an igits car for nothing.
Alright you two take it outside if you want to fight. I ask that you keep this thread civilized.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
ok boomer

·
Registered
267 Posts
2013 V6 to 2016 6.4 Scat Pack complete swap
I looked at this thread and call B.S.
You only see the car parted out and the interior never came out. YOU NEVER SEE IT GOING BACK TOGETHER. NO PICS,NO PROOF. Hell anyone can SAY anything but without pics its BS. I show pics of all my work before and after. Never does he say that it does take modifications to fit the +'15 parts into the -'14 cars. When he was asked for pics, he disappeared.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
You only see the car parted out and the interior never came out. YOU NEVER SEE IT GOING BACK TOGETHER. NO PICS,NO PROOF. Hell anyone can SAY anything but without pics its BS. I show pics of all my work before and after. Never does he say that it does take modifications to fit the +'15 parts into the -'14 cars. When he was asked for pics, he disappeared.
Yes we know he is an idiot but he gets off being an idiot. It’s called trolling look it up. Don’t take it personally.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tyler does your current windsheild have the rain/humidity sensor? How much did it cost you ? Guy came today to put mine in but didnt have the sensor location so i told him to get the right one. Its ordered and either end of next week or beginning of week after the correct ones going in. 265 installed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #274 (Edited)
Tyler does your current windsheild have the rain/humidity sensor? How much did it cost you ? Guy came today to put mine in but didnt have the sensor location so i told him to get the right one. Its ordered and either end of next week or beginning of week after the correct ones going in. 265 installed.
After instillationl?!? So my car has the rain sensor but I don’t think my car has that option but I accidentally ordered the -15 windshield which doesn’t have the rain sensor nor does the new mirror fit. The older style takes the universal rear view mount and the newer ones are a hex bolt mount. But I don’t know. +15 cars could come without a rain sensor but my gut said no. That’s pretty close to what mine cost just for the glass and mine was made in China!

·
Registered
267 Posts
No ive still got the busted one in. I seen it had the old style rear view mirror attachment and no provision for the sensor. Told him that wasnt what i wanted and showed him the mirror and sensor. He got on the phone and no one had the new style. Now ive got to wait a little longer to get the right one.
If you was local id turn you on to all the guys i us for stuff that i dont want to mess with. Cutting them out sucks. Im sure you know that now. Lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
No ive still got the busted one in. I seen it had the old style rear view mirror attachment and no provision for the sensor. Told him that wasnt what i wanted and showed him the mirror and sensor. He got on the phone and no one had the new style. Now ive got to wait a little longer to get the right one.
One of us is getting ripped off and I’m thinking it’s me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive got a Volvo dealer trying to figure out how i fixed a volvo when they told me i couldnt do it the way i wanted to. 2018 XC90 t6. Took it to them this morning and left it so they could see what i did. Explained why and what i did to it and they said it cant be done, yet it is. Had to explain it to the tech and they hooked up their diag machine to see. Lol. Going to pick it back up tomorrow. Love watching them scratch their head in disbelief.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #279 (Edited)
Lol. Got to remember i deal in parts all day long. I hate doing windshields and quarter glass.
My question is whether all the +15 have the rain sensors installed but only some that have the option to use it. Also while you are here is there something else that could be wrong besides the motor mounts maybe the tranny cross member mounts?
Ive got a Volvo dealer trying to figure out how i fixed a volvo when they told me i couldnt do it the way i wanted to. 2018 XC90 t6. Took it to them this morning and left it so they could see what i did. Explained why and what i did to it and they said it cant be done, yet it is. Had to explain it to the tech and they hooked up their diag machine to see. Lol. Going to pick it back up tomorrow. Love watching them scratch their head in disbelief.
I think there are a lot of brilliant engineers working on cars but don’t get a big head

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
412 Posts

Regarding an interior swap .... I've been following a build on YouTube about a guy transforming a V6 Dodge Magnum into a 392 Magnum by taking the engine, suspension, and interior out of a Challenger and putting it into the Magnum. In this episode, he shows the Challenger dash in the Magnum.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJg3WzAWJyE. I think it's at about the 15:30 mark in the video. He now has the car to the point that he's taken the Magnum to the dealership for an alignment ..... where the people are blown away to see a 392 in a Magnum.

261 - 280 of 545 Posts